4123Career opportunity: Investment Associate at Charter School Growth Fund
- Nov 14, 2013
Position: Investment Associate
Reports to: Partner
Location: Denver or Chicago
CSGF is seeking an Investment Associate to join our dynamic and growing team. We are structured like an investment firm, and the Associate will work in collaboration with CSGF’s Partners to develop potential new investments and manage ongoing relationships with portfolio CMOs. We are seeking a candidate with a strong results orientation and adept financial and analytical skills. Additionally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to manage complex projects, think strategically, and communicate effectively with diverse groups of stakeholders.
The Associate position offers an exceptional opportunity to contribute meaningfully to a unique organization that is catalyzing the growth of the nation’s best charter schools. While prior professional educational experience is not a requirement, we are looking for candidates who are passionate about and committed to K-12 education reform.
- Conduct intensive due diligence on high-performing charter school operators, including analysis and evaluation of financial models, academic achievement data, market dynamics, leadership teams, and business plans
- Serve as the relationship manager for members of CSGF’s portfolio, working closely with management teams, attending board meetings, and acting as a strategic thought partner to the CEO
- Provide support to charter school operators that are undergoing a strategic planning process, including assisting with financial models and business plans
- Prepare investment analyses, proposals, and recommendations for CSGF’s senior management and board of directors
- Lead investment sourcing efforts in specific geographic regions to identify potential investment candidates
- Work closely with CSGF Partners on various research and analytic projects
- Manage portfolio member data for use in investment decisions and industry benchmarking
- Collaborate with other CSGF teams to continuously improve internal processes and work flow
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated expertise in financial modeling, analysis of financial statements, and strategic planning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly the ability to build strong relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Strong project management experience that drives efficiency and excellence in all aspects of work
- Ability to work seamlessly between high-level strategy and detail oriented work
- 3-5 years of work experience, preferably including management consulting, investment banking, venture capital, corporate strategy, or similar experience
- An advanced degree, preferably an MBA
- Willingness to travel extensively
Personal Qualities – CSGF Core Values
- Results. We work relentlessly to create efficient, measurable, and sustainable results. Candidates should have the ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fluid environment where flexibility and tenacity are required.
- Entrepreneurship. We embrace calculated risks and new approaches. We have an entrepreneurial spirit that welcomes innovation, diversity of ideas, and risk. Candidate should be willing to question conventional wisdom and think independently.
- Integrity. We are truthful, fair, and trustworthy in all aspects of our work. We hold ourselves and our partners to the highest ethical standards.
- Respect. We appreciate the challenges faced by education entrepreneurs and recognize the limits of our own knowledge. We understand that our ultimate success is dependent upon the achievements of our partners.
- Teamwork. We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the greatest results by working together. We willingly sacrifice individual interests and recognition for greater collective impact. Candidate should have a sense of humor and enjoy being a team player.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. CSGF offers a very competitive benefits package and this position is eligible for an incentive bonus.
Projected Start Date
CSGF is seeking candidates who can start as soon as possible but as late as August 2014.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a resume and cover letter via email to:careers@...
For more information, visit www.chartergrowthfund.org.
The Charter School Growth Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diverse applicants to apply.