4044Newark Public Schools: Operations Analyst, Student Database Systems
- Sep 26 7:06 AM
NEWARK PUBLIC SCHOOLS
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
2 CEDAR STREET, NEWARK, NEW JERSEY 07102
CAMI ANDERSON, STATE DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENT
OPERATIONS ANALYST, STUDENT DATABASE SYSTEMS
Office of Student Enrollment, Division of Strategy and Innovation
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent’s approval)
The Superintendent invites qualified and interested persons to apply for the position of Operations Analyst, Student Database Systems – Office of Student Enrolment, Division of Strategy and Innovation.
The Office of Student Enrollment manages all aspect of student enrollment, including the annual admissions process.
The work of the Office of Student Enrollment includes, but is not limited to, developing and implementing a proposed new citywide centralized enrollment system for traditional district and public charter schools across all grades, monitoring enrollment and demand trends to inform policy decisions, and managing the projections process and placements of students with disabilities. This position may also be responsible for other duties as assigned.
The Operations Analyst, Student Database Systems is part of a collaborative team that manages all aspects of the district’s student information systems in order to continually improve practices to increase high quality data input and help create and manage custom tools to process and analyze data. This position may also be responsible for other duties as assigned.
The Operations Analyst, Student Database Systems will support the work of the Office of Student Enrollment in a number of ways, including:
1. Actively participate as a project team member responsible for the district’s student information system, Power School; responsibility for all aspects of the system including, but not limited to implementation, security/ access controls, day-to-day maintenance, end-user support, ad-hoc and routine report generation, and monitoring to improve data quality
2. Develop, coordinate and facilitate training to local school and central office staff in system functions and related district processes and procedures; for example, but not limited to:
a. Scheduling of schools
b. State Reporting Submissions
c. Student Enrollment Procedures
d. Power Teacher grade book
3. Build relatationships with school leaders to ensure a high level of customer service
4. Assist schools in the data analysis needed to inform school level decision-making
5. Use data from multiple sources and human capital expertise to help schools identify areas of strength and weakness to ultimately improve overall student and school performance
6. Collect, analyze, and interpret data; prepare statistical and narrative reports and/or graphs, as appropriate.
7. Provide feedback/support that assists other stakeholders in maximizing their use of the student database system (including, but not limited to PowerSchool)
8. Document procedures used in the department to ensure consistent service delivery
9. Produce ad-hoc data analyses at the request of NPS leadership
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of the following:
Knowledge of the methods used to gather and evaluate data and information
Ability to prepare clear, technically sound, accurate, and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations
Familiarity with school routines and data needs
Understanding of processes and procedures and standardization.
Excellent project management skills and practices
Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills, including the ability to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with school leaders, colleagues and other partners
Outstanding written and oral communication and facilitation skills; tailors message for the audience, context, and mode of communication
A past record of setting and achieving ambitious goals
Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
The ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
A passionate belief in the mission of NPS and commitment to increasing the effectiveness of its teacher workforce in order to increase student achievement
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree (B.A/B.S).
Experience in K-12 educational settings.
A minimum three (3) years of data analysis experience, including strong proficiency with statistical software packages like SAS, STATA, or SPSS and Microsoft Excel utilities and functions, including the ability to use data to produce attractive, informative tables, charts and reports
Knowledge of relational databases.
Familiarity with SQL Developer.
Skilled in MS Excel.
Instructional background: 3 or more years of experience as an effective teacher or school-based administrator.
Experience creating master school schedules in order to maximize school resources: instructional time, staff, and budget.
REPORTS TO: SENIOR MANAGER OF STUDENT DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD AND UNION AFFILIATION
Salary: Compensation is competitive and based on experience. The expected salary range for this position is from $50,000-65,000.
Employment Period: Twelve (12) Months
Union Affiliation: Unaffiliated
How to Apply
Newark Public Schools is only accepting electronic applications.
If you are a current Newark Public Schools employee you should apply via the Employee Self Service online process. While logged into Employee Self Service, please make sure all of your contact information and credentials are current in the system.
If you are not currently employed by Newark Public Schools, please apply online at
www.nps.k12.nj.us. If you do not have access to a computer, we welcome you to visit the Newark Public Schools Employment Kiosks located at 2 Cedar Street, on the 8th floor Human Resource Services reception area between the hours of 9 am and 4pm Monday through Friday. Help will be available. (listed below) in the subject line of your email.
OPENING DATE: August 1, 2013
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
JOB OPENING ID: 14281
THE NEWARK PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYEE