- Apr 29, 2008
Please PostTeaching Positions and Instructional Coach at KIPP Bayview Academy
KIPP Bayview Academy is a public charter school located in Bayview Hunters Point in San Francisco. We opened in July 2003 with 80 fifth graders. We have added one grade each year, and currently serve 240 students in grades 5-8. Our first cohort of students was accepted into almost two dozen excellent college-preparatory high schools for 2007. Our students have demonstrated that with hard work, all students will succeed.
At KIPP Bayview Academy, we believe that education is the key to the future and that all students deserve the chance to better their lives through a top-quality education. Unfortunately, students in the Bayview and surrounding areas of San Francisco, of whom 75% qualify for free/reduced lunch, are not currently receiving the educational opportunities that they deserve. KIPP Bayview Academy offers students and parents in an alternative—a small, college preparatory public middle school. The mission of KIPP Bayview Academy is to develop in the students of Southeaster San Francisco the knowledge, critical thinking skills and character traits needed to succeeed in top quality high schools and colleges, and to lead deliberate and productive lives.
KIPP Bayview Academy:
• Is a public middle school, grades 5-8, open to any student on a first-come, first-served basis
• Is a charter school authorized through San Francisco Unified School District
• Is based on the nationally acclaimed KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) model, which has achieved extraordinary success--a remarkable 99% of KIPP students go on to attend college preparatory high schools
Teaching positions are available in the following subjects:
5th grade reading
6th grade ELA
7th grade math
6th grade science
7th grade social studies
• hold a valid teaching credential
• are committed to working with educationally under-served students
• hold high expectations for every student
• possess strong content area knowledge and classroom management skills
• teach in our extended day and year schedule
• contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding professionals
• communicate well with students, families and colleagues
• make achievement possible
MUST HAVE AT LEAST 7 YEARS of FULL TIME CLASSROOM EXPERIENCE
The Instructional Coach will assist the principal in developing and implementing the overall instructional program. S/he will provide direct coaching/mentoring support to teachers and teams in the areas of lesson design, instructional strategies, and assessment. S/he will provide leadership in developing and implementing ongoing professional development throughout the year and will foster an environment of collaborative inquiry where teachers are constantly working to improve their practices and the learning of their students. The Instructional Coach will report directly to the principal but will work closely with all staff members within the school.
Please become thoroughly familiar with www.kippbayview.org and www.kipp.org before applying. Candidates must have at least one year of full time teaching experience; those experienced in working with under-served youth strongly preferred. To apply, send a cover letter explaining why you are interested in teaching at KIPP Bayview Academy and your resume to Wendy Smith at teach@.... Please email with any questions.
w e n d y s m i t h
Outreach and Marketing Manager
KIPP Bay Area Schools
426 17th Street, Suite 200
Oakland, CA 94612
- << Previous post in topic