Re: [educommons_dev] trac browser error

  • David Ray
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 22, 2009
      I am almost 100% certain that the lack of public code browsing is due to one of the TRAC Plugins. As far as I recall, it should be public by default.

      I didn't set it up, but I am guessing it might have something to do with the plugin that was installed to enable public/private wiki pages.

      And, unfortunately, I am currently not in a position to spend anytime looking at it.

      David
    • Christopher Johnson
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 22, 2009
        On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM, David Ray <david@...> wrote:

        I am almost 100% certain that the lack of public code browsing is due to one of the TRAC Plugins. As far as I recall, it should be public by default.

        I didn't set it up, but I am guessing it might have something to do with the plugin that was installed to enable public/private wiki pages.

        And, unfortunately, I am currently not in a position to spend anytime looking at it.

        Yeah, works fine once I am logged in.

        Though not a huge deal now, as it's just us...before release we should make sure we have public browsing available.

        -c

        David

        --
        Cofounder and CEO
        ifPeople - Innovation for People
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 22, 2009
          >>Yeah, works fine once I am logged in.

          Good to know. At least we are all seeing the same behavior :D

          >>Though not a huge deal now, as it's just us...before release we should make sure we have public browsing available.

          Agree 100%. In reality, it should be fixed before the Houston Conference; as that's the first public discussion about social sourcing, potentially getting people onboard, etc. etc., no?

          --
          -------------------
          David Ray

          david@...
          435 757 3473
        • Christopher Johnson
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 22, 2009
            On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:44 AM, David Ray <david@...> wrote:

            >>Yeah, works fine once I am logged in.

            Good to know. At least we are all seeing the same behavior :D

            >>Though not a huge deal now, as it's just us...before release we should make sure we have public browsing available.

            Agree 100%. In reality, it should be fixed before the Houston Conference; as that's the first public discussion about social sourcing, potentially getting people onboard, etc. etc., no?

            Would be great. Though with the current situation, I think the approach might be:

            "here's the plan" (I can talk about that part:) and then "here's the current state" (Tom can do that one!).

            We will need some kind of easy place where people can get "connected" to the project...could be mailing list, forums, facebook... ;)
            so that we can let them know in the future once those things are available, fixed, ready, etc.

             -c

            --
            -------------------
            David Ray

            david@...
            435 757 3473

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 22, 2009
              Have you used Facebook yet for something like this?

              Of course, not *everyone* has been sucked into the platform yet, but I'd be curious to hear of any experiences in this area.

              I am guessing that we would publicize this mailing list, and add people to it that wanted to jump on board.

              By extension, and following the Plone model, we could easily branch out into educommons-i18n, educommons-documentation, etc.

              David
            • Christopher Johnson

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 22, 2009
                  This is an interesting thread. Because of the heavy use of Facebook in the academic community, it could produce above average results for us. Worst case scenario is that we have an eduCommons FB group with a static presence. Best case is that we are able to reach additional users or prospective users in a place where they are comfortable. If people like forums, they will use forums. If they like this mailing list (despite the weird columns), they'll use that. Same with IRC. So FB just becomes another channel people can use to ask questions. It's fragmented, but that will always be the case (unless we decide to aggregate everything somewhere).

                  Tom

                  On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Christopher Johnson <cjj@...> wrote:

[...]

                  eduCommons Project Manager
                  OpenCourseWare Consortium
                  tomcaswell.com/blog

                • Terri Bays

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
                      Hello All,

                      The trac browser error is fixed, and the private wiki plugin is removed.

                      Brent
                    • Tom Caswell