RE: [educommons_dev] Unable to set smtp server in eduCommons

  • Johns, Cheryl
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 10, 2009

      OK, I will able to UNDO my changes and now when I try to add a new ‘id’, it gives me this error:

      Site Error

      Error Type: BadRequest
      Error Value: Invalid or duplicate property id

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 10, 2009

        When you say ‘assign new ID’, do you just mean renaming it like to MailHost_II?

          --
          -------------------
          David Ray

          david@...
          435 757 3473

          --
          -------------------
          David Ray

          david@...
          435 757 3473

          --
          -------------------
          David Ray

          david@...
          435 757 3473

          --
          -------------------
          David Ray

          david@...
          435 757 3473
        • Johns, Cheryl
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2009

            Revisiting this from a new angle.

            I’m in the ZMI and under PRODUCTS, I can rename my MailHost and make a new one (but it doesn’t help)

            If I go under my ‘yale’ instance where all of our portal _skins, etc are, my MailHost doesn’t look like a mail icon like it does in my out of the box installation that is working properly.

            I click on it and try to click ‘Rename’ and it appears to be trying to rename my overall eduCommons instance of ‘yale’, instead of Mailhost.

            I’ve successfully added a new ‘MailHost’ from the Add Products menu, but I can’t get rid of the ‘ghost’ one that is there.

            I also tried exporting a working MailHost from my working installation and importing it into this installation and that didn’t work either.

            Short of giving you the admin ID and pw, I think I’ve about exhausted ways of getting rid of the corrupted Mailhost.

            Just wanted to make sure I was working in the right area of the ZMI for this since there are many places where you see ‘MailHost’.

            Thanks David.  I appreciate your patience.

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 7, 2009

              It seems to think it is a Plone site.

              Renaming the object brings up our Plone site ‘yale’, not Mailhost (even though I’ve clicked on the mailhost itself and selected Rename)