Re: [edit+] EP abends when saving to FTP site

  • Christopher Sherman
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2002
      I Downloaded the software last week to try and get build 156 but it was
      still 138. Where is the patch available at.

      Thanks.

      Chris Sherman

      At 07:40 PM 7/30/2002 -0500, you wrote:
      >There has been a patch released build (156)
      >
      >~John

    • ~John
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2002
        Sorry, you have to contact Sangil Kim and let him know that you would like
        to be a Beta Tester.
        He will then send you a link to where you can download the latest beta.

        ~John

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
          Hi Andrew,

          It happened again just this morning. I had 4 files open. It *may* be
          related to timing out the connection. I left the four files open (but
          saved with no further changes), and locked my PC for the night. I
          came in, made a few small changes this morning, clicked 'Save' and it
          did its disappearing trick.

          Using shareware TCPView (www.sysinternals.com) I see that
          editplus.exe holds open a couple of TCP ports when using FTP. If I
          kill them, EditPlus disappears.

          I'm fairly certain at other times, I've been actively using Editplus
          and it has not been unattended for extended periods, and it still
          behaves this way. But it's interesting that I can duplicate the
          crash this way.

          Also, all my colleagues also use Pro, I'm the only one on Server.
          Maybe this has something to do with it as well.

          Thanks for your input. :)

          --- In editplus@y..., "Andrew" <mr_aprice@y...> wrote:
          > Hi samadi28,
          >
          > I think there was an earlier thread that focused on the number of
          > remote files that were open.
          >
          > Please take note of how many files that you have open next time
          > (before) it crashes and then maybe limit the number of files that
          > you have open.
          >
          > I am using EP v2.11 (138) on Win 2000 Pro and open about 10 remote
          > files - I have not had EP crash yet.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Andrew.
        • samadi28
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
            Thanks for this info John,

            Do you know if build 156 addresses the specific problem I mention, or
            is it just a 'newer' version to try?

            Thanks,

            Mike.