a small suggestion

  • Janardhan Babu C
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2001
      hi,

      I use Editplus quite frequently for editing my c, c++ and java codes. It great!! But i have a small complaint regarding the remote opening of files from FTP.

      I got around 35 files to be working on which are present on remote ftp server in the intranet. I added in all the 35 files into a project and when i try to load the project it almost takes 5 min.. as editplus opens and closes the ftp connect for each file to load....i think this is really inefficient...but if i try to load the file using the remote open option FTP dialog box with out closing it.. i can load files faster as the connection is not closed.. but i have to choose my 35 files going into each directory and wasting again a 5 min...

      what i suggest is that when files which are to be loaded remotely and which are using the same FTP connection from the availabe FTP connection created.. must be loaded on single connection.. and must also be saved on single connection when we try to save all....

      And, i dont know if u have any option to achive this kind of functionality....if not is it practical to implement this ....

      -jani

    • mcadder42
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2002
        How exactly do you add a "remote" file (one located on a server,
        accessible via ftp) to a project ?

        The Add button on the project page only handles local files as far as
        I can tell.

        Any reply appreciated.

        -WMc

        --- In editplus@y..., "Janardhan Babu C" <janardhan@i...> wrote:
        > hi,
        >
        > I use Editplus quite frequently for editing my c, c++ and java
        >codes. It great!! But i have a small complaint regarding the remote
        >opening of files from FTP.
        >
        > I got around 35 files to be working on which are present on remote
        >ftp server in the intranet. I added in all the 35 files into a
        >project and when i try to load the project it almost takes 5 min..
        >as editplus opens and closes the ftp connect for each file to load
        [...]