Backing up of Clip Text Files (CTL)

  • Srinivasulu Bhattaram
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2013

      Today when I was working, I accidentally pressed 'Remove' which is just below 'Add'

      The most unfortunate thing is that, I do not know which entry I have deleted.

      In the light of the above experience I would like to know whether there is any automatic way to back up the Clip Text Entries (other than doing it manually).

      If no, please includes it in the wish list, for next version.

      Another option also can be thought of.

      To prevent this you can also think of getting a confirmation before deleting.

      Any help on this subject?

      seena

    • John C Craig
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2013
        I don't have a direct answer, but I'm so happy with something I discovered that has the side effect of solving your problem that I thought I'd pass it along.

        I got Second Copy a while back. I have two programs I've paid for and love, EditPlus and Second Copy. They are both easy to use and they both do a really superior job at what they're designed for. I use Second Copy for all my various backup and ftp updating needs.

        Anyway, I have an hourly automatic copy set up to copy my whole EditPlus files folder (it contains all the CTL files for instance) where it copies to my free Dropbox folder.  Then, whenever I'm out and about with my laptop, the first thing I do there is manually copy all the EditPlus files that have arrived in my Dropbox folder into my laptop's EditPlus folder.

        So, whatever new snippets or other changes I make to EditPlus on my desktop are instantly available on my laptop.

        The side effect of this is that if you clobber a snippet, just go into the Dropbox folder and recover the CTL file.

        Hope this helps.

        On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 2:57 AM, Srinivasulu Bhattaram <bhattarams@...> wrote:

        Today when I was working, I accidentally pressed 'Remove' which is just below 'Add'

        The most unfortunate thing is that, I do not know which entry I have deleted.

        In the light of the above experience I would like to know whether there is any automatic way to back up the Clip Text Entries (other than doing it manually).

        If no, please includes it in the wish list, for next version.

        Another option also can be thought of.

        To prevent this you can also think of getting a confirmation before deleting.

        Any help on this subject?

        seena

        Udemy.com/income-streams
        JohnClarkCraig.com, Sun-Track.com
        LucidLights.com, LucidBrake.com
        WritersSummit.com, BooksToBelieveIn.com, Getting-Published.com
        ForTheWealthOfAll.com, Passivillionaire.com
      • Srinivasulu Bhattaram
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2013

          Thank you very much.

          A very valuable info…which I would not have got it at all.

          seena