This has never happened to me before. I am pasting text into a new editplus

  • itsoktopickyournose
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2012
      document, and the text causes editplus to crash.
      ver. 3.309(397)

      the text is as follows.
      (pasted at first into notepad, and saved fine)

      within UK licence block 211/29, at a depth of 140m. The field includes four large platforms: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and

      Delta.</p><p>The field is jointly owned by Royal Dutch Shell (50%) and ExxonMobil (50%), and is Shell's flagship asset on the UK

      Continental Shelf.</p><h2>Decommisioning project</h2><p>In 2006, Shell initiated plans to decommission the Brent field's ageing

      platforms. The company has been in talks with the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) to formulate a long-term end of

      field life process and is undergoing an environmental impact assessment (EIA).</p><p>Shell also approached the International Union

      for Conservation of Nature to develop the decommissioning strategy.</p><p>Decommissioning of the field has been divided into five

      different stages. The first stage involving identification of viable decommissioning options has already been completed. The

      second stage was completed in 2011 and involved the selection of the final concept for decommissioning.</p><p>The third stage is

      currently in progress and includes detailed engineering of the project. The fourth and fifth stage will include project execution

      and monitoring respectively.</p><p>Shell plans to submit the decommissioning programme along with the EIA for approval to the DECC

      in 2013.</p><h2>Brent field discovery</h2><p>The Brent field was discovered by Shell-Esso in 1971 and is one of the largest

      oilfields in the UK North Sea. A discovery well was drilled around 1km down-dip to the west of the tip of the buried high. It is

      located 150km north-east of Shetland and lies in a water depth of 142m.</p><div class="rightpullquote">"The Brent field is

      jointly owned by Royal Dutch Shell and ExxonMobil."</div><p>The first well found an oil column of 60m, and the second well

      found 53m of gas overlying 114m of net oil sand. The wells encountered water below the oil. The second well was drilled deeper and

      encountered the Lower Jurassic Statifined sands where it cored the entire productive interval. Three production tests were

      conducted and formation interval tests revealed that the oil was saturated with gas at the oil-water contact; however, the gas-oil

      solution ratio increased upward to the gas-oil contact.</p><h2>Geology of the Brent field</h2><p>The Brent field lies in the East

      Shetland Basin, which includes a tilted fault block exposing the eponymous Brent formation beside bounding faults. The formation

      let migration from deeper side-by-side kitchen areas where the Kimmeridge clay formation becomes fully mature and releases

      infrastructure</h2><p>The Brent field is exploited by four platforms. The first platform installed was the concrete-legged Brent

      Bravo, followed by the Brent Delta, Brent Charlie and steel-jacketed Brent Alpha. The fifth floating installation, Brent Spar, was

      a storage and tanker loading buoy.<br />Brent Spar became the best known of the Brent installations in the oil industry. It was

      taken out of service in 1991.</p><p>A remote flare known as the Brent flare was also installed on the field. It was used to flare

      off surplus gas before gas-handling and export facilities were set up. A heavy lifting barge was deployed to decommission and

      remove the Brent flare in 2005.</p><p>Brent Delta was taken out of production in December 2011, after 34 years of service. Removal

      of the platform's topsides is not expected to start before 2015. Production on Alpha and Bravo platforms is planned to be shut

      down in late 2013. Brent Charlie is expected to be taken out of service</p><h2>Brent production</h2><p>First oil from the Brent

      field was produced in November 1976. The field underwent a £1.3bn upgrade in the mid-1990s. It was the largest and most

      comprehensive field redevelopment ever undertaken in the North Sea.</p><div class="leftpullquote">"First oil from the Brent

      field was produced in November 1976."</div><p>The project depressured the reservoir and modified three of the four Brent

      platforms to support low-pressure operations. The modification unlocked substantial quantities of natural gas from the reservoir

      and extended the field life up to 2010 and beyond.</p><p>Although the field will produce over a period of 30 years, production has

      declined from providing 10% of the UK's gas consumption to around 1-2%. The flow of oil and gas from Brent will reach a saturation

      point when it will not be viable to operate the field.</p><h2>Export</h2><p>The oil produced from the Brent field is exported

      through the Brent system pipeline to the terminal located at Sullom Voe, while gas is supplied via the Far North Liquids and

      Associated Gas System to St Fergus on the north-east coast of Scotland. A subsea pipeline connects the Brent Charlie platform to

      the Penguins field.</p><h2>Contracts for the Brent field</h2><div class="rightpullquote">"Brent's production has declined

      from providing 10% of the UK's gas consumption to 1-2%."</div><p>In July 2010, PSN (now Wood Group PSN) was awarded a major

      contract by Shell UK for decommissioning work on the Brent Delta platform's topsides. The contract also provides scope for

      integrity management, safe shut-down, hydrocarbon cleaning, module, process and utility separation, disconnections and provision

      for the removal of the topsides. Offshore work started in late 2011 under the initial stages of Brent Delta

      decommissioning.</p><p>A computational fluid dynamics and finite element analysis will be conducted by DECOM North Sea under a

      contract awarded by Shell in August 2011. The term of the contract is 18 months, with an option to mutually extend the

      term.</p><p>Offshore Design Engineering, a UK-based company, conducted the decommissioning studies for Shell for the Brent Delta

      field.</p><p>Tender process for awarding contracts for removal of the topsides and onshore dismantling of the platforms is

      ongoing. The contracts are expected to be awarded in the first half of 2013.</p></p>
      <!-- only appears if images are in the article-->
    • Szurap Miklós
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2012
        Hi,

        It has also happened to me, that pasting a long text (not everytime, but
        some with special characters, I don't know the exact situation) into
        Editplus crashed it. After upgrading it to a newer version (3.41 if I
        remember well) fixed it. Try it...

        Mike