Zen coding

  • johnclarkcraig
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2012
      I use EditPlus for html, css, and javascript web programming, among many other uses. When I discovered Zen Coding, I got so enthused with my immediate increase in productivity that I decided to write a short reference book on the subject. If you're interested, check out "Zen Coding" on Amazon. It's a very low priced Kindle book that can be read in Amazon's free reader program if you don't have a Kindle. Any reviews or feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially if it helps you with EditPlus web coding as much as Zen Coding has helped me! Thanks, John
    • Nick Metalkandy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 13, 2012
        i read something on zen coding.  i really don't see it.

        Nick
        http://drawinger.tumblr.com

      • John C Craig
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14, 2012
          Hi Nick,
          There were several mentions of Zen Coding in this group in recent times,
          ever since the latest version of Editplus came out with the Zen Coding
          features in it. I gave it a try and loved it so much that I wrote a Kindle
          book about it! My mention of this book to the group might be what you
          recall. Anyway, for $2.99 you can instantly get a reference book and some
          working examples to get you started with Zen Coding. Search on "Zen Coding"
          or my name "John Clark Craig". If you don't have a Kindle, get the free app
          or use the free cloud reader from Amazon. Bottom line is if you edit HTML
          and CSS, I'm pretty sure you'll love Zen Coding.
          -John

        • metalkandy
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 16, 2012
            Ok. thanks John

            --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, John C Craig <jccraig@...> wrote:

            Bottom line is if you edit HTML and CSS, I'm pretty sure you'll love Zen Coding.
            > -John
          • itsoktopickyournose
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 17, 2012
              Is there a way to install the zen coding without downloading latest version of editplus. All the links on editplus are only for latest version that says contains zen coding. I'd prefer to keep my present version and just install the plug in. How can I do that?

              thks

              --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "metalkandy" <metalkandy@...> wrote:

              > Ok. thanks John
              >
              > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, John C Craig <jccraig@> wrote:
              > >
              > Bottom line is if you edit HTML and CSS, I'm pretty sure you'll love Zen Coding.
              > > -John

            • John Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 17, 2012
                i dont think you can, its not a plug in as such but an integral update
                of the program

                > Is there a way to install the zen coding without downloading latest
                > version of editplus. All the links on editplus are only for latest
                > version that says contains zen coding. I'd prefer to keep my present
                > version and just install the plug in. How can I do that?
                >
                > thks
                >
                > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com <mailto:editplus%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > "metalkandy" <metalkandy@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Ok. thanks John
                > >
                > > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com <mailto:editplus%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > John C Craig <jccraig@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > Bottom line is if you edit HTML and CSS, I'm pretty sure you'll love
                > Zen Coding.
                > > > -John

              • John C Craig
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 18, 2012
                  I resisted upgrading in the past, mostly because I didn't want to take the
                  chance on losing all the little changes and macros and such that I had set
                  up. Turned out this was not a valid worry. I found that I could save off
                  all the INI and Syntax directory files (see Tools > Set Directories... for
                  their locations) and after the upgrade restore all those files. Presto,
                  everything runs as before. So far no problems. BTW, if anyone knows of any
                  of these files I SHOULD NOT be writing over with previous versions, I'd
                  sure like to know that. So far I've not hit any snags doing this.