Re: [edit+] Zen Coding

  • John C Craig
    Message 1 of 29 , May 10 9:18 AM
      The zen_coding_epp.js file that ships with EditPlus is javascript code. I'm
      wondering how the engine for running that code was added to EditPlus, or
      how it connects to it. Just a really wild shot, but do you have javascript
      disabled in your browser? Does anyone know how this javascript gets run
      inside EditPlus to do the zen coding thing?

    • Daniel Gibby
      Message 2 of 29 , May 10 9:50 AM
        Not sure, but that's the standard way that Zen Coding works, with a
        javascript file that runs.

      • Bob Hindal
        Message 3 of 29 , May 10 10:55 PM
          Javascript is enabled in my browser. I use Opera 11.64 as my default browser but that shouldn't affect editing files, should it?

        • John Smith
          Message 4 of 29 , May 11 12:09 AM
            No, i'm using it as default too with no problems.
            Does seem a bit weird!

            mfg
            Keith

            Message 5 of 29 , May 11 12:33 AM
              Just my luck to be the only one with this issue. *sigh* ;)

              Message 6 of 29 , May 15 10:16 PM
                Good news! Sangil has worked on this and released a version that FIXES my issue. I can now enable and use Zen Coding and it shows the checkmark with "Use Zen Coding".

                Thanks to all you guys who chimed in on this and tried to help. ;)

                Message 7 of 29 , Nov 2, 2012
                  I love Editplus, and have been using the zen coding feature since it was
                  added to the previous version. If you use Editplus for HTML/CSS coding you
                  really should take a close look at it. Now that I have Editplus 3.5 I
                  checked, and no, there's still no supporting documentation in the Help
                  files for zen coding. I took the time to pull together a complete set of
                  documentation on zen coding and published it in a very economical Kindle
                  book. ($2.99) You don't have to have a Kindle either, just download
                  Amazon's free reader program, or use their web based cloud reader. So, if
                  this interests you you can read more on Amazon's page...
                  http://amzn.to/SFiT96 Meanwhile, is there any chance there'll be
                  documentation for zen coding right in the Editplus help files? It's a
                  fantastic feature for those of us editing web content, a perfect compliment
                  to Editplus.