Capturing output from Node.js

  • flohse2
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6 6:27 AM
      Hello.

      I recently installed Node.js and a jslint module (http://search.npmjs.org/#/jslint). Setting it up as a user tool in Edit Plus was easy, but somehow it doesn't capture the console output (only the first line of the output is displayed). Setting the action to "None" (instead of "Capture output"), the console window shows all jslint warnings as expected.

      Anybody got an idea what's going wrong there?

      Regards, Felix
    • flohse2
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7 2:21 AM
      • mljones1947
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8 9:09 PM
          Have you tried capturing the output in a file to look for a character that is causing EP to truncate it?

          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "flohse2" <f.lohse.2@...> wrote:

          > Here's a screenshot:
          >
          > http://i50.tinypic.com/2mx1hjs.png

        • flohse2
          Message 4 of 4 , May 9 1:33 AM
            Ok. I think there's no issue with EditPlus. I added an empty for loop at the end of jslint's error reporter to spend some more cycles and now all messages get displayed. If anyone knows a clean solution, let me know. It's probably got to do with Node.js doing everything asynchronously (apparently even a console.log) ...