Problems loading Unicode files

  • Peter Anderson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2012
      Hello EditPlus users,

      I have the latest version of EditPlus (v3.31 1279). Recently I have started
      to create and convert files from ANSI to Unicode file encoding. This has
      led to a strange problem when loading HTML and CSS files.

      I have the default file encoding (in the Preferences settings) set to
      "Unicode". If I open either *.html or *.css files from within EditPlus (eg.
      File->Open dialogue) then the contents of the file look like this:
      ℼ潤瑣灹⁥瑨汭ാ㰊瑨汭ാ㰊敨摡ാ㰊楴汴㹥潒楣慮瑮❥⁳潈

      If I open the same files from Internet Explorer (eg. Open with->EditPlus)
      then the contents of the file look like this:
      <!doctype html>
      <head>
      <title>Rocinante's Home Page</title>

      NOTE: This problem does not happen with *.txt files even though they have
      been created and saved in Unicode encoding.

      If I change the Preferences settings for file encoding to any other value
      (eg. ANSI or UTF-8) then the files load normally.

      This seems to be a problem with Unicode settings.

      Regards,
      Peter
      --
      *Peter Anderson*
      There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct,

    • mljones1947
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2012
        I can't duplicate the problem, but I don't don't use the Unicode setting much if at all, so I'm not the best tester. I'd be glad to test a sample file if you post it in the files section. Include step-by-step instructions if you do.