I searching editor similar to OpenBSD among OSes

  • shiz0rat
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2012
      So, I have some questions:
      1. Whether reliability of EditPlus is high? How often it malfunction?
      2. It is capable to save an edited file during force-majeur events?
      3. I program in language which is a dialect of the Python. What is the time and brain forces it is required to recustomize this program?

      Sorry for bad Ensglish. I hope, you have understood that I tried to say.
    • mljones1947
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2012
        I'm not familiar with Open BSD, so I can't compare EditPlus directly, but I'll try to answer your questions.

        1. Most users fell that the reliability is very high. It's never crashed on me. The developer keeps adding new features, and sometimes a bug appears relative to a feature, but he is very good in fixing it. Many of the bugs in the past have involved accessing files via FTP, but that appears to largely in the past.

        2. If the program or the computer crashes, it crashes, but you can set EditPlus to auto-save as frequently as you wish.

        3. I don't program in Python, but there are Python-specific configuration files included with EditPlus, plus user-developed variations available on the EditPlus Web site, plus general configurations settings that might help. Maybe a Python developer can be more specific.

        Your English is fine.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2012
          > I'm not familiar with Open BSD, so I can't compare EditPlus directly, but I'll try to answer your questions.

          I mean ideology of OpenBSD. It is made by paranoiacs and for paranoiacs.

          > Your English is fine.

          I thank You for the encouraging answer and an unexpected compliment. :)