Using regex to replace a value with uppercase letter

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12 10:48 AM
      I'm trying to modify a large amount of source code files and change database table names from lowercase to initial uppercase. I really thought I was able to do this before with EditPlus but I cannot find how I did it. Any ideas how to convert something like "Table_name" to "Table_Name"?

      Searching the web, it should be \U\1\E but that just adds the \U and \E to the results.

      Mind you, it's not always "_name" so just searching for "_n" and forcing "_N" is not an option. However this does point to the option I'm trying to avoid of doing 26 versions of the search/replace with each letter of the alphabet.

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13 2:57 PM
        Scott,
        As far as I know, there is no built-in way to do this in EditPlus. I believe someone wrote a user-tool to do something like that, perhaps you can find it in the wiki?

        http://editplus.info/wiki/User_Tools

        dZ.

        On Sep 12, 2011, at 13:48, Scott wrote:

        > I'm trying to modify a large amount of source code files and change database table names from lowercase to initial uppercase. I really thought I was able to do this before with EditPlus but I cannot find how I did it. Any ideas how to convert something like "Table_name" to "Table_Name"?
        >
        > Searching the web, it should be \U\1\E but that just adds the \U and \E to the results.
        >
        > Mind you, it's not always "_name" so just searching for "_n" and forcing "_N" is not an option. However this does point to the option I'm trying to avoid of doing 26 versions of the search/replace with each letter of the alphabet.
        >
        > Thanks

      • itsoktopickyournose
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2011
          I think all you need to do is "Find and Replace, and check "case-sensitive" e.g. change this to This

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2011
            That will work for the string "this." He would have to do the same for each individual word he wants to capitalize. I don't think this is what he wanted.

            dZ.

            On Oct 12, 2011, at 03:34, itsoktopickyournose wrote:

            > I think all you need to do is "Find and Replace, and check "case-sensitive" e.g. change this to This
            >
            > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Scott,
            >> As far as I know, there is no built-in way to do this in EditPlus. I believe someone wrote a user-tool to do something like that, perhaps you can find it in the wiki?
            >>
            >> http://editplus.info/wiki/User_Tools
            >>
            >> dZ.
            >>
            >> On Sep 12, 2011, at 13:48, Scott wrote:
            >>
            >>> I'm trying to modify a large amount of source code files and change database table names from lowercase to initial uppercase. I really thought I was able to do this before with EditPlus but I cannot find how I did it. Any ideas how to convert something like "Table_name" to "Table_Name"?
            >>>
            >>> Searching the web, it should be \U\1\E but that just adds the \U and \E to the results.
            >>>
            >>> Mind you, it's not always "_name" so just searching for "_n" and forcing "_N" is not an option. However this does point to the option I'm trying to avoid of doing 26 versions of the search/replace with each letter of the alphabet.
            >>>
            >>> Thanks

          • itsoktopickyournose
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2011
              No, he wants to change table names in the database. How many tables could he have? Well I suppose thousands, but I doubt it.