Recent File List not working? I have not disabled it...

  • johnthejimenez
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
      Hey all,

      I'm not sure when it happened but my recent files list (Files > Recent Files) is not updating. I looked through the preferences and found the option (On the "File" screen) "No Recent Files list" and it is NOT checked.

      I checked it and restarted EditPlus (in the hopes of maybe a simple logic error in the programing) and still no recent files list.

      I unchecked it and restarted EditPlus (in the hopes of re-tripping the registry so the file returns) and still no luck.

      Anyone know of anything else that may be causing this? I am using the latest version (3.30.555) and have even tried reinstalling Edit Plus (using its own uninstall, restarting to clear the eppshell.dll from memory, deleting the Edit Plus 3 directory, and killing the registry entries before reinstalling) and I am getting the same result of No Recent File List.

      Thanks in advance!

      ~John Jimenez
    • Peter Anderson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
        I have v3.30(555) and the "Recent Files" list works fine.

        Peter

        --
        There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct,
        or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2011
          John,
          I haven't seen that problem. I'll do some testing today in mine to see if I can reproduce the problem. In the meantime, maybe you want to contact Sangil Kim at <support@...>.

          dZ.

          On Jun 07, 2011, at 11:28, johnthejimenez wrote:

          > Hey all,
          >
          > I'm not sure when it happened but my recent files list (Files > Recent Files) is not updating. I looked through the preferences and found the option (On the "File" screen) "No Recent Files list" and it is NOT checked.
          >
          > I checked it and restarted EditPlus (in the hopes of maybe a simple logic error in the programing) and still no recent files list.
          >
          > I unchecked it and restarted EditPlus (in the hopes of re-tripping the registry so the file returns) and still no luck.
          >
          > Anyone know of anything else that may be causing this? I am using the latest version (3.30.555) and have even tried reinstalling Edit Plus (using its own uninstall, restarting to clear the eppshell.dll from memory, deleting the Edit Plus 3 directory, and killing the registry entries before reinstalling) and I am getting the same result of No Recent File List.
          >
          > Thanks in advance!
          >
          > ~John Jimenez

        • Bob Hindal
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 29, 2011
            I'm running EditPlus v3.30 (661) and the recent file list works fine here, too.