Re: [edit+] Re: Insert line number into the edited text

  • JoEi
    Message 1 of 11 , May 27, 2011
      In group
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/editplus/files/

      2011/5/27 boofo131 <boofo131@...>

      > Where did you upload it to? I can't seem to find it.
      >

      > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "mljones1947" <mljones1947@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > I uploaded a file named LineNumber.js which I think will do what you
      > want. Create a user tool with the following settings:
      > >
      > > Menu text: Add line numbers <or whatever>
      > > Command: cscript //NoLogo "<full path to file>\LineNumber.js"
      > > Action: Run as Text Filter (Replace)
      > > Save: Current file
      > >
      > > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "designwallah" <f.mariani@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I would like to insert the line number into the program text I am
      > > > editing, either to the whole file or to the selected lines.
      > > >
      > > > If this is the program open in EditPlus:
      > > >
      > > > 1 abc
      > > > 2 def
      > > > 3 ghi
      > > > 4 jkl
      > > >
      > > > I would like to insert the line numbers on each line (without having to
      > > > type them in):
      > > >
      > > > 1 1 abc
      > > > 2 2 def
      > > > 3 3 ghi
      > > > 4 4 jkl
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > >
      > > > Francis.

    • Bob Hindal
      Message 2 of 11 , May 29, 2011
        Thank you. ;)

        ________________________________
        > Where did you upload it to? I can't seem to find it.
        >

        > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "mljones1947" <mljones1947@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > I uploaded a file named LineNumber.js which I think will do what you
        > want. Create a user tool with the following settings:
        > >
        > > Menu text: Add line numbers <or whatever>
        > > Command: cscript //NoLogo "<full path to file>\LineNumber.js"
        > > Action: Run as Text Filter (Replace)
        > > Save: Current file
        > >
        > > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "designwallah" <f.mariani@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I would like to insert the line number into the program text I am
        > > > editing, either to the whole file or to the selected lines.
        > > >
        > > > If this is the program open in EditPlus:
        > > >
        > > > 1 abc
        > > > 2 def
        > > > 3 ghi
        > > > 4 jkl
        > > >
        > > > I would like to insert the line numbers on each line (without having to
        > > > type them in):
        > > >
        > > > 1 1 abc
        > > > 2 2 def
        > > > 3 3 ghi
        > > > 4 4 jkl
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,
        > > >
        > > > Francis.

      • designwallah
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 4, 2011
          Michael,

          I forgot to thank you for your LineNumber.js file. It does exactly what I was looking for.

          I did not know you could add JavaScript as a "program" - it's a great idea.

          Thanks very much,

          Francis.

          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "mljones1947" <mljones1947@...> wrote:

          > I uploaded a file named LineNumber.js which I think will do what you want. Create a user tool with the following settings:
          >
          > Menu text: Add line numbers <or whatever>
          > Command: cscript //NoLogo "<full path to file>\LineNumber.js"
          > Action: Run as Text Filter (Replace)
          > Save: Current file
          >
          > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "designwallah" <f.mariani@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I would like to insert the line number into the program text I am
          > > editing, either to the whole file or to the selected lines.
          > >
          > > If this is the program open in EditPlus:
          > >
          > > 1 abc
          > > 2 def
          > > 3 ghi
          > > 4 jkl
          > >
          > > I would like to insert the line numbers on each line (without having to
          > > type them in):
          > >
          > > 1 1 abc
          > > 2 2 def
          > > 3 3 ghi
          > > 4 4 jkl
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Francis.

        • mljones1947
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 6, 2011
            You're welcome. Glad to be able to help.

          • f.mariani@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2012
              I have this working on my laptop, but I have installed EditPlus on a new
              PC, and I now get this error when running the user tool:

              Input Error: There is no script engine for file extension ".js".

              This error text replaces all the text in the file I apply Add line
              numbers to.

              The command is:

              cscript //NoLogo "C:\Users\fmariani\AppData\Roaming\EditPlus
              3\LineNumber.js"

              C:\Users\fmariani\AppData\Roaming\EditPlus 3\ is the path to all the
              EditPlus 3 settings.

              Any ideas?

              Thanks.

              Francis.

              --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "mljones1947" <mljones1947@...> wrote:

              > You're welcome. Glad to be able to help.
              >
              > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "designwallah" f.mariani@ wrote:
              > >
              > > Michael,
              > >
              > > I forgot to thank you for your LineNumber.js file. It does exactly
              what I was looking for.

              > > I did not know you could add JavaScript as a "program" - it's a
              great idea.

              > > Thanks very much,
              > >
              > > Francis.
              > >
              > > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "mljones1947" <mljones1947@> wrote:
              > > >

              > > > I uploaded a file named LineNumber.js which I think will do what
              you want. Create a user tool with the following settings:

              > > > Menu text: Add line numbers <or whatever>
              > > > Command: cscript //NoLogo "<full path to file>\LineNumber.js"
              > > > Action: Run as Text Filter (Replace)
              > > > Save: Current file
              > > >
              > > > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "designwallah" <f.mariani@>

            • Gary Gauthier
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
                Check to make sure that you've copied the script file to the correct directory.

                f.mariani@... wrote:

> [...]
                >

                ><!-- #ygrp-mkp { border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; font-family: Arial; margin: 10px 0; padding: 0 10px; } #ygrp-mkp hr { border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; } #ygrp-mkp #hd { color: #628c2a; font-size: 85%; font-weight: 700; line-height: 122%; margin: 10px 0; } #ygrp-mkp #ads { margin-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-mkp .ad { padding: 0 0; } #ygrp-mkp .ad p { margin: 0; } #ygrp-mkp .ad a { color: #0000ff; text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc { font-family: Arial; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd { margin: 10px 0px; font-weight: 700; font-size: 78%; line-height: 122%; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad { margin-bottom: 10px; padding: 0 0; } a { color: #1e66ae; } #actions { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; padding: 10px 0; } #activity { background-color: #e0ecee; float: left; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; padding: 10px; } #activity span { font-weight: 700; } #activity span:first-child { text-transform: uppercase; } #activity span a { color: #5085b6; text-decoration: none; } #activity span span { color: #ff7900; } #activity span .underline { text-decoration: underline; } .attach { clear: both; display: table; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; padding: 10px 0; width: 400px; } .attach div a { text-decoration: none; } .attach img { border: none; padding-right: 5px; } .attach label { display: block; margin-bottom: 5px; } .attach label a { text-decoration: none; } blockquote { margin: 0 0 0 4px; } .bold { font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; font-weight: 700; } .bold a { text-decoration: none; } dd.last p a { font-family: Verdana; font-weight: 700; } dd.last p span { margin-right: 10px; font-family: Verdana; font-weight: 700; } dd.last p span.yshortcuts { margin-right: 0; } div.attach-table div div a { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table { width: 400px; } div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; } .green { color: #628c2a; } .MsoNormal { margin: 0 0 0 0; } o { font-size: 0; } #photos div { float: left; width: 72px; } #photos div div { border: 1px solid #666666; height: 62px; overflow: hidden; width: 62px; } #photos div label { color: #666666; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden; text-align: center; white-space: nowrap; width: 64px; } #reco-category { font-size: 77%; } #reco-desc { font-size: 77%; } .replbq { margin: 4px; } #ygrp-actbar div a:first-child { /* border-right: 0px solid #000;*/ margin-right: 2px; padding-right: 5px; } #ygrp-mlmsg { font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, helvetica,clean, sans-serif; *font-size: small; *font: x-small; } #ygrp-mlmsg table { font-size: inherit; font: 100%; } #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea { font: 99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif; } #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code { font:115% monospace; *font-size:100%; } #ygrp-mlmsg * { line-height: 1.22em; } #ygrp-mlmsg #logo { padding-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-mlmsg a { color: #1E66AE; } #ygrp-msg p a { font-family: Verdana; } #ygrp-msg p#attach-count span { color: #1E66AE; font-weight: 700; } #ygrp-reco #reco-head { color: #ff7900; font-weight: 700; } #ygrp-reco { margin-bottom: 20px; padding: 0px; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a { font-size: 130%; text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li { font-size: 77%; list-style-type: square; padding: 6px 0; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul { margin: 0; padding: 0 0 0 8px; } #ygrp-text { font-family: Georgia; } #ygrp-text p { margin: 0 0 1em 0; } #ygrp-text tt { font-size: 120%; } #ygrp-vital ul li:last-child { border-right: none !important; } -->

              • Srdjan
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
                  It is possible that your PC doesn't have JS engine installed. Check for Windows Script Host:
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Script_Host