Unable to access mapped network drive Editplus 3.3 windows 7

  • zanflango
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2011
      My boss recently got a new computer and I'm trying to get everything setup for him. I purchased a new license for edit plus and installed it on his windows 7 computer. I am able to access local files without a problem but when I attempt to access a mapped network drive to our AIX server I'm getting error messages and hope you can provide some assistance.
      When attempting to access the mapped drives via the directory window I get a popup error "cannot change current directory" with only an OK button.
      When attempting to browse to the mapped network drives using file open it lets me see the files but when I attempt to select one to edit it displays the warning "File already exists. Would you like to replace" so it appears it can no open the file and is attempting to overwrite it.
      When I attempt to access the files using file open and browse to them directly (not going through the mapped network drive) I get the same error.
      When I browse to the network drive using explorer and right click and open with edit plus nothing happens.
      I'm able to access the files on the network drive using other applications without any problems, opening and editing.
      I was able to open and edit files on this same network drive on the old computer, and on my computer without problem. Both older computers were running windows Xp and had older versions of the software (I'm currently running 3.12 and can access and edit files on the same mapped network drive without a problem)