Re: VBS weirdness

  • impeezahot
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2011
      Hello there, this is no a EditPlus issue, this is the windows scripting host issue, for a restore of config use the next command at command prompt:

      cscript //H:CScript

      if you need use EditPlus for editing DO NOT change the association, only change the edit item in the association menu from notepad to edit plus.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, J <morrispeckham@...> wrote:

      > EditPlus broke my computer! There's a work-round, though.
      >
      > If you associate .vbs files with EditPlus then when you open them, instead of executing, they appear in EditPlus. No surprise there. But they also stop working in the Windows script host. For example:
      >
      > C:\>cscript filename.vbs
      > Input Error: There is no script engine for file extension ".vbs".
      >
      > The work round is:
      >
      > cscript /e:vbscript filename.vbs

    • Richard Grevers
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2011
        On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 00:51:00 +1300, J <morrispeckham@...> wrote:

        > EditPlus broke my computer! There's a work-round, though.
        >
        > If you associate .vbs files with EditPlus then when you open them,
        > instead of executing, they appear in EditPlus. No surprise there. But
        > they also stop working in the Windows script host. For example:
        >
        > C:\>cscript filename.vbs
        > Input Error: There is no script engine for file extension ".vbs".
        >
        > The work round is:
        >
        > cscript /e:vbscript filename.vbs

        You should only set editplus as the action for the "edit" action, not the
        "open" action.
        However, if you're on Vista (don't know about 7) Microsoft has kindly
        removed the UI for this. You will need to hack the registry or use a
        third-party app: See http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/989159.htm for
        some ideas.
        --
        Richard Grevers
        New Plymouth
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2011
          I see what you mean, but I wanted to open it in EditPlus when I opened it, and that's what you get if you set "Associate in Explorer" in the EditPlus settings and syntax preferences.