Re: editplus html5/css3 auto-completion

  • mljones1947
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 27, 2011
      Have you tried the HTML 5files at http://www.editplus.com/html.html?

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "vuong_q_dung" <vuong_q_dung@...> wrote:

      > To be more specific:
      > I am trying to get the editplus auto complete feature to work with HTML5/CSS3.
      >
      > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "vuong_q_dung" <vuong_q_dung@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I am trying to get the editplus auto complete feature to work but can't figure how to.
      > >
      > > I have my stx and acp files in place. I restarted editplus and refreshed the stc/acp option but nothing happens.
      > >
      > > The auto complete featured is supposed to insert all my closing html tags etc.
      > >
      > > Am I missing something or is the auto complete feature only for programming languages? It works just fine in php/javascript etc.
      > >
      > > Thanks for any tips in advance.

    • vuong_q_dung
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 27, 2011
        Yeah, that's the file I am using - HTML5 acp - Dave McNally (2010-07-26)).

        All the files are in place in the document permanent settings, but nothing happens when I am editing a html file.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8 1:01 AM
          > > Have you tried the HTML 5files at http://www.editplus.com/html.html?

          That's the one I am using. It does not work.
        • mljones1947
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8 6:40 PM
            This might be obvious, but have you double-checked the HTML and CSS file types in EditPlus to make sure that they include the file extensions that you are using? Sometimes people use non-standard file extensions.

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 9 1:47 AM
              Thanks everyone! It now works.

              I deleted the acp file and created my own for testing with just a few instances. That worked fine so I checked the exact syntax of the acp file and wrote my own. My custom acp is perfect now, exactly fitted for my needs. :)
              I guess there was some minor glitches with the acp I downloaded. It was faster to write my own rather than go through it line by line.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 10 8:36 AM
                Great! If you have the time, you might want to email your version to submit@... so that it can be included on the site under User Files. Some one else might prefer your version to ones that are already listed.