Re: editplus html5/css3 auto-completion

  • vuong_q_dung
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 26, 2011
      To be more specific:
      I am trying to get the editplus auto complete feature to work with HTML5/CSS3.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "vuong_q_dung" <vuong_q_dung@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am trying to get the editplus auto complete feature to work but can't figure how to.
      >
      > I have my stx and acp files in place. I restarted editplus and refreshed the stc/acp option but nothing happens.
      >
      > The auto complete featured is supposed to insert all my closing html tags etc.
      >
      > Am I missing something or is the auto complete feature only for programming languages? It works just fine in php/javascript etc.
      >
      > Thanks for any tips in advance.

    • Richard Grevers
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 26, 2011
        On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:02:17 +1300, vuong_q_dung <vuong_q_dung@...>
        wrote:

        > To be more specific:
        > I am trying to get the editplus auto complete feature to work with
        > HTML5/CSS3.

        You will need to modify the existing html and css acp files to match the
        relevant standards, then set them to be used for those file types.

        --
        Richard Grevers
        New Plymouth
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 27, 2011
          Have you tried the HTML 5files at http://www.editplus.com/html.html?

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 27, 2011
            Yeah, that's the file I am using - HTML5 acp - Dave McNally (2010-07-26)).

            All the files are in place in the document permanent settings, but nothing happens when I am editing a html file.

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 8, 2011
              > > Have you tried the HTML 5files at http://www.editplus.com/html.html?

              That's the one I am using. It does not work.
            • mljones1947
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 8, 2011
                This might be obvious, but have you double-checked the HTML and CSS file types in EditPlus to make sure that they include the file extensions that you are using? Sometimes people use non-standard file extensions.

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 9, 2011
                  Thanks everyone! It now works.

                  I deleted the acp file and created my own for testing with just a few instances. That worked fine so I checked the exact syntax of the acp file and wrote my own. My custom acp is perfect now, exactly fitted for my needs. :)
                  I guess there was some minor glitches with the acp I downloaded. It was faster to write my own rather than go through it line by line.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 10, 2011
                    Great! If you have the time, you might want to email your version to submit@... so that it can be included on the site under User Files. Some one else might prefer your version to ones that are already listed.