editplus html5/css3 auto-completion

  • vuong_q_dung
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 26, 2011
      Hi,

      I am trying to get the editplus auto complete feature to work but can't figure how to.

      I have my stx and acp files in place. I restarted editplus and refreshed the stc/acp option but nothing happens.

      The auto complete featured is supposed to insert all my closing html tags etc.

      Am I missing something or is the auto complete feature only for programming languages? It works just fine in php/javascript etc.

      Thanks for any tips in advance.
    • vuong_q_dung
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 26, 2011
        To be more specific:
        I am trying to get the editplus auto complete feature to work with HTML5/CSS3.

        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "vuong_q_dung" <vuong_q_dung@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am trying to get the editplus auto complete feature to work but can't figure how to.
        >
        > I have my stx and acp files in place. I restarted editplus and refreshed the stc/acp option but nothing happens.
        >
        > The auto complete featured is supposed to insert all my closing html tags etc.
        >
        > Am I missing something or is the auto complete feature only for programming languages? It works just fine in php/javascript etc.
        >
        > Thanks for any tips in advance.

      • Richard Grevers
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 26, 2011
          On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:02:17 +1300, vuong_q_dung <vuong_q_dung@...>
          wrote:

          > To be more specific:
          > I am trying to get the editplus auto complete feature to work with
          > HTML5/CSS3.

          You will need to modify the existing html and css acp files to match the
          relevant standards, then set them to be used for those file types.

          --
          Richard Grevers
          New Plymouth
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 27, 2011
            Have you tried the HTML 5files at http://www.editplus.com/html.html?

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 27, 2011
              Yeah, that's the file I am using - HTML5 acp - Dave McNally (2010-07-26)).

              All the files are in place in the document permanent settings, but nothing happens when I am editing a html file.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 8, 2011
                > > Have you tried the HTML 5files at http://www.editplus.com/html.html?

                That's the one I am using. It does not work.
              • mljones1947
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 8, 2011
                  This might be obvious, but have you double-checked the HTML and CSS file types in EditPlus to make sure that they include the file extensions that you are using? Sometimes people use non-standard file extensions.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 9, 2011
                    Thanks everyone! It now works.

                    I deleted the acp file and created my own for testing with just a few instances. That worked fine so I checked the exact syntax of the acp file and wrote my own. My custom acp is perfect now, exactly fitted for my needs. :)
                    I guess there was some minor glitches with the acp I downloaded. It was faster to write my own rather than go through it line by line.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 10, 2011
                      Great! If you have the time, you might want to email your version to submit@... so that it can be included on the site under User Files. Some one else might prefer your version to ones that are already listed.