Re: Problems with Windows 7 and EditPlus

  • mljones1947
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2011
      Are you using the latest version of EditPlus (3.21)? I seem to remember somewhere along the line that there was one or more fixes for Windows 7.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Francesco" <f.mariani@...> wrote:

      > I am new to Windows 7, so I apologize in advance if the problem is Windows and not EditPlus.
      >
      > In Windows Explorer, when I right-click a file and select EditPlus, I get a busy icon and then nothing happens. If I select "Send to EditPlus" I get a pop-up window "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer" - I select Yes, then it works.
      >
      > If I double-click a file that is associated with EditPlus - I get the pop-up, I select Yes, it opens in EditPlus, but I also get another pop-up "There was a problem sending the command to the program".
      >
      > Any ideas? I changed the "Privilege Level" check-box for Administrator, but it made no difference.
      >
      > Also, how do you avoid the Windows 7 pop-up messages for programs that you know are safe?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Francis.

    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 19, 2011
        I experience the same problem. The file association on Windows7 is not working with the latest version (3.21) of editpl;us

        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Francesco" <f.mariani@...> wrote:

        > I am new to Windows 7, so I apologize in advance if the problem is Windows and not EditPlus.
        >
        > In Windows Explorer, when I right-click a file and select EditPlus, I get a busy icon and then nothing happens. If I select "Send to EditPlus" I get a pop-up window "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer" - I select Yes, then it works.
        >
        > If I double-click a file that is associated with EditPlus - I get the pop-up, I select Yes, it opens in EditPlus, but I also get another pop-up "There was a problem sending the command to the program".
        >
        > Any ideas? I changed the "Privilege Level" check-box for Administrator, but it made no difference.
        >
        > Also, how do you avoid the Windows 7 pop-up messages for programs that you know are safe?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Francis.

      • Peter Anderson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 19, 2011
          Try one of the following:

          1. Associate This! (http://www.spearit.com/about_AssociateThis.html) or
          2. FileTypesMan (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html)

          They will help you set the correct file types and program icons under
          Windows 7.

          Regards,
          Peter

          --
          There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct,
          or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction

        • Gary Fuhrman
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 20, 2011
            I don't know about 3.21, but my Win7 machine presents no such problems with EP 3.30.

            Gary

            I experience the same problem. The file association on Windows7 is not working with the latest version (3.21) of editpl;us

            --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Francesco" <f.mariani@...> wrote:

            > I am new to Windows 7, so I apologize in advance if the problem is Windows and not EditPlus.
            >
            > In Windows Explorer, when I right-click a file and select EditPlus, I get a busy icon and then nothing happens. If I select "Send to EditPlus" I get a pop-up window "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer" - I select Yes, then it works.
            >
            > If I double-click a file that is associated with EditPlus - I get the pop-up, I select Yes, it opens in EditPlus, but I also get another pop-up "There was a problem sending the command to the program".
            >
            > Any ideas? I changed the "Privilege Level" check-box for Administrator, but it made no difference.

          • Acree, Michael D
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 20, 2011
              I have had no problems either with 32b-Win7 and EP v3.21(677)

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 20, 2011
                As someone pointed out, the latest version is 3.30, not 3.21. There is also a patch file to bring 3.30 up to build 605, the latest officially released build. Go to www.editplus.com, and there are links on the top of the page.