Odd FTP Issue?

  • gospeed65
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2010
      This is more of a "what could I be doing wrong?" type thing. I doubt the problem is internal to EditPlus, but I'm confused...

      I'm trying to access a site (hosted by Hostway if that matters) via FTP. While I can access the site fine with other FTP software (CuteFTP, CoreFTP), I can't get on with EP. The hostname, username and password are identical. EditPlus just times out and then gives a "Cannot change the remote directory" error. I've tried various directory settings to no avail.

      Any ideas?

      Obviously, this isn't a critical error, since I can just use CoreFTP to upload and download files, but I'm addicted to built-in FTP!

      Thanks in advance,
      m.