EditPlus 3.20 - Find Dialog Auto Complete

  • _izme_
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2010
      Hi,

      I miss the AutoComplete feature on the Find (& Replace) dialog. Could you please enable those?
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2010
        On 10/11/2010 15:14, _izme_ wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I miss the AutoComplete feature on the Find (& Replace) dialog. Could
        > you please enable those?

        Hello:
        Make sure that you have the "Combo box history" field set to a value
        greater than zero in the Preferences|General window.

        Setting it to zero disables auto-completion in combo-boxes.

        dZ.
      • _izme_
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2010
          I have it set to 20 already & it also suggest the keywords from history but the thing is they're not auto-completed meaning if I start typing few characters say "int" it does not automatically complete it as a word "integer" instead. Rather it opens a combo-box with the word "integer", which for me is few extra keystrokes/mouse-click to select that suggestion. I wonder if we could restore the the previous behavior which used to auto-complete the word & not auto-suggest (from combo) it.
          Also other than it I was wondering if we had a Find-Replace suggestion too. Meaning if I fill in some keyword in the Find field it should automatically fill up the Replace dialog for the last replacement I made for that keyword. Is it possible to include in coming releases?