New Version Available

  • mljones1947
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2010
      Version 3.20 is available at http://www.editplus.com/download.html

      <feature>
      * Hex viewer ('File'->'Open'->'Encoding')
      * Supports FTP Groups.
      * Windows 7 style File Open/Save dialog box.
      * Polished UI elements.
      * 'Cliptext' option added to the 'Settings & syntax' dialog box.
      * 'Text to Speech' command (Tools menu).
      * 'Load project files on selected' option on the Project dialog box.
      * ^@ inserts current date in the Cliptext.
      * Cliptext supports removing text around the hotspot.
      * Restores word wrap status for recent documents.
      * Restores window split status for recent documents.
      * 'Minimize as Tray Icon' menu option ('Window'->'Others').
      * -m command line option for 'run minimized'.
      * Supports #NUMBER_PATTERN=pas, #NUMBER_PATTERN=asm in the syntax file.
      * 'Insert File' command allows inserting multiple files.
      * System code page list shows 'EUC-JP' if available.
      * 'Numeric sort' option added to the Sort dialog box.
      * Ctrl+Enter key inserts a blank line.
      * Toolbar button for 'ANSI to HTML Entity' command.
      * Moves the 'Embedded script' color option to the 'Preferences'->'Colors' dialog box.

      <bug fix>
      * Fixes incorrect maximized window on Windows 7 secondary monitor.
      * EditPlus wouldn't start up when toolbar settings were wrong.
      * 'Sort' on column selection could cause program crash.
      * URL highlight did not work correctly in word wrap mode.
      * 'Set Directories' dialog box could not accept environment variables.
      * The directory view could not handle Enter key.
      * When renaming in the directory tree, Esc key did not work.
      * 'Go to URL' command could not handle non-English letters.
      * Fixes a bug for the line space option.
      * 'Sort' option on the Project dialog box was not persistent.
      * Selections in 'Fixedsys' font could not display line breaks correctly.
      * When saving new file, if path includes '.', txt file extension could not be added automatically.
    • Pablo
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2010
        It's great to see the UI icons FINALLY get updated. I created a new
        EditPlus main application icon which would be really cool if it was
        implemented into the next minor build. Here is a link for PNG and ICL
        package:
        http://www.conceptualintegration.com/gfx/default.asp?dir=EditPlus
        <http://www.conceptualintegration.com/gfx/default.asp?dir=EditPlus%20>

        - Pablo

        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "mljones1947" <mljones1947@...> wrote:

        > Version 3.20 is available at http://www.editplus.com/download.html
        >
        > <feature>
        > * Hex viewer ('File'->'Open'->'Encoding')
        > * Supports FTP Groups.
        > * Windows 7 style File Open/Save dialog box.
        > * Polished UI elements.
        > * 'Cliptext' option added to the 'Settings & syntax' dialog box.
        > * 'Text to Speech' command (Tools menu).
        > * 'Load project files on selected' option on the Project dialog box.
        > * ^@ inserts current date in the Cliptext.
        > * Cliptext supports removing text around the hotspot.
        > * Restores word wrap status for recent documents.
        > * Restores window split status for recent documents.
        > * 'Minimize as Tray Icon' menu option ('Window'->'Others').
        > * -m command line option for 'run minimized'.
        > * Supports #NUMBER_PATTERN=pas, #NUMBER_PATTERN=asm in the syntax
        file.
        > * 'Insert File' command allows inserting multiple files.
        > * System code page list shows 'EUC-JP' if available.
        > * 'Numeric sort' option added to the Sort dialog box.
        > * Ctrl+Enter key inserts a blank line.
        > * Toolbar button for 'ANSI to HTML Entity' command.
        > * Moves the 'Embedded script' color option to the
        'Preferences'->'Colors' dialog box.

        > <bug fix>
        > * Fixes incorrect maximized window on Windows 7 secondary monitor.
        > * EditPlus wouldn't start up when toolbar settings were wrong.
        > * 'Sort' on column selection could cause program crash.
        > * URL highlight did not work correctly in word wrap mode.
        > * 'Set Directories' dialog box could not accept environment variables.
        > * The directory view could not handle Enter key.
        > * When renaming in the directory tree, Esc key did not work.
        > * 'Go to URL' command could not handle non-English letters.
        > * Fixes a bug for the line space option.
        > * 'Sort' option on the Project dialog box was not persistent.
        > * Selections in 'Fixedsys' font could not display line breaks
        correctly.
        > * When saving new file, if path includes '.', txt file extension could
        not be added automatically.

      • Daniel Gibby
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 9, 2010
          Maybe I'm the only one this applies to, but I can't install 3.20 because my
          work computer is Windows 2000 and the installer says that I've got to at
          least have Windows XP or higher.

          Any chance that this is just an arbitrary thing in the install or has W2K
          really been disinherited?

          -Daniel

          On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 7:43 AM, Pablo <pcarrau@...>wrote:

          > It's great to see the UI icons FINALLY get updated. I created a new
          > EditPlus main application icon which would be really cool if it was
          > implemented into the next minor build. Here is a link for PNG and ICL
          > package:
          > http://www.conceptualintegration.com/gfx/default.asp?dir=EditPlus
          > <http://www.conceptualintegration.com/gfx/default.asp?dir=EditPlus%20>
          >
          > - Pablo
          >

          > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com <editplus%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "mljones1947" <mljones1947@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Version 3.20 is available at http://www.editplus.com/download.html
          > >
          > > <feature>
          > > * Hex viewer ('File'->'Open'->'Encoding')
          > > * Supports FTP Groups.
          > > * Windows 7 style File Open/Save dialog box.
          > > * Polished UI elements.
          > > * 'Cliptext' option added to the 'Settings & syntax' dialog box.
          > > * 'Text to Speech' command (Tools menu).
          > > * 'Load project files on selected' option on the Project dialog box.
          > > * ^@ inserts current date in the Cliptext.
          > > * Cliptext supports removing text around the hotspot.
          > > * Restores word wrap status for recent documents.
          > > * Restores window split status for recent documents.
          > > * 'Minimize as Tray Icon' menu option ('Window'->'Others').
          > > * -m command line option for 'run minimized'.
          > > * Supports #NUMBER_PATTERN=pas, #NUMBER_PATTERN=asm in the syntax
          > file.
          > > * 'Insert File' command allows inserting multiple files.
          > > * System code page list shows 'EUC-JP' if available.
          > > * 'Numeric sort' option added to the Sort dialog box.
          > > * Ctrl+Enter key inserts a blank line.
          > > * Toolbar button for 'ANSI to HTML Entity' command.
          > > * Moves the 'Embedded script' color option to the
          > 'Preferences'->'Colors' dialog box.
          > >
          > > <bug fix>
          > > * Fixes incorrect maximized window on Windows 7 secondary monitor.
          > > * EditPlus wouldn't start up when toolbar settings were wrong.
          > > * 'Sort' on column selection could cause program crash.
          > > * URL highlight did not work correctly in word wrap mode.
          > > * 'Set Directories' dialog box could not accept environment variables.
          > > * The directory view could not handle Enter key.
          > > * When renaming in the directory tree, Esc key did not work.
          > > * 'Go to URL' command could not handle non-English letters.
          > > * Fixes a bug for the line space option.
          > > * 'Sort' option on the Project dialog box was not persistent.
          > > * Selections in 'Fixedsys' font could not display line breaks
          > correctly.
          > > * When saving new file, if path includes '.', txt file extension could
          > not be added automatically.

        • Tom Ditmars
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 9, 2010
            On 09-Aug-10 19:27, Daniel Gibby wrote:
            > Maybe I'm the only one this applies to, but I can't install 3.20
            > because my work computer is Windows 2000 and the installer says that
            > I've got to at least have Windows XP or higher.
            >
            > Any chance that this is just an arbitrary thing in the install or has
            > W2K really been disinherited?

            Win2k has been unsupported by Microsoft for a long time now. The site
            still says that Windows 2000 is supported, but I suppose it's possible
            he dropped support for it.
            Tom Ditmars zarggg [at] zarggg [dot] net KeyID: 0x2E22D768
          • mljones1947
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 17, 2010
              Version 3.21 (677) is now available at http://www.editplus.com/download.html

              What's new:

              <feature>
              * 'Use TR1 regular expression' option ('Preferences'->'General').
              * Customizable toolbar icon for User Tools.
              * 'User tool group' option in the Setting & syntax dialog box.
              * Supports floating window for Output Window and Cliptext/Directory Window.
              * Allows dropping files on the Directory Window.
              * 'Add to Project' command in the Directory Window.
              * 'Copy'/'Move' button on the FTP Settings dialog box.
              * Allows negative value in the line space option.
              * Hides horizontal scrollbar in word wrap mode.

              <bug fix>
              * 'Color' button on the HTML Toolbar could cause program crash.
              * 'Delete Duplicated Lines' command on selected text could cause program crash.
              * Selecting 'Open Files'/'Project' from the Directory Window could cause program crash.
              * 'Continue to next file' option on the Find dialog box could cause infinite loop.
              * sftp keyboard-interactive authentication didn't work if password was empty in the setting.
              * File association could cause error message from Explorer.
              * Fixes unusually slow regex search in large files.
              * Preferences dialog box could drop keyboard input on Korean keyboard.
              * Fixes program delay with the Fonts dialog box.
              * Fixes memory leak with the 'Preferences'->'Fonts' dialog box.
              * Deleting remote directory from the Directory Window could cause memory leak.
              * 'Search Cliptext' command could cause memory leak.
              * On Directory Window, context menu shortcut key shifted down the selection.
              * Changing FTP group in the FTP Setting dialog box from Open Remote did not work correctly.
              * Find dialog box didn't work correctly when moving focus to next split pane.
              * 'File Open dialog restores previous directory' option didn't work.
              * Modifying the file path in the Project dialog box didn't work.
              * 'Remove duplicates' option in the Sort dialog box didn't work with descending order.
              * 'Larger/Smaller Font Size' command didn't work with Custom 1 - 5 fonts.
              * Repeating answer on encoding warning didn't work correctly.
              * Restoring word wrap state didn't work with the 'Wrap after format column number' option.
              * URL highlighting could broke on '(' or ')'.
              * If line space was not 0, Hex Viewer screen could be drawn incorrectly.
              * If line space was not 0, URL highlighting could work incorrectly.
              * On Windows XP classic theme, some color schemes could draw grayed buttons incorrectly.
              * Switching off the 'Sort' option on the Cliptext window restores original order.
              * 'Help'->'Feedback and Support' menu command didn't work.
              * Makes the Sort option on the Function List case insensitive.
              * 'Tile Horizontal/Vertical' command follows Selector Window button order.
              * HTML Toolbar state could not be restored in normal documents.
              * In the Open Remote dialog box, Alt+A mnemonic didn't work.
            • mljones1947
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 11, 2011
                Download at http://www.editplus.com/download.html

                What's new:

                Version 3.31 (2011-08-08)

                <features>

                * Supports syntax highlighting for Python and Ruby on Rails by default.
                * Improved syntax highlighting speed on long lines.
                * 'Disable Save button with unmodified documents' option ('Preferences'->'File').
                * Displaying tabs and spaces in separate commands.
                * Find in Files allows multiple folder names separated by ';'.
                * Increases max number of tool groups to 20.
                * Allows string values in #PREFIX and #SUFFIX statement.
                * 'Set Marker Dup Lines' command ('Edit'->'Others').
                * 'Log File Watch' command ('Document').
                * -pi command line option to specify different project configuration file.
                * Supports Perl syntax highlighting for string interpolations.
                * Word highlighting now supports selection of multiple words.
                * 'Reset Default' button on the Fonts dialog box.
                * Displays color code on the Color Picker.
                * 'Use STAT instead of LIST' ftp option added.
                * 'Run as Text Filter (Replace Fixed Cursor)' user tool action added.
                * 'Include user account name' backup option added.
                * 'Try keyboard-interactive authentication' sftp option.
                * New 256x256 size application icon.

                <bug fixes>

                * Long lines could cause program crash.
                * File open error in Hex Viewer could cause program crash.
                * Fixes possible freeze with Explorer right mouse button.
                * php syntax highlighting could break inside block comment.
                * Save As dialog box could return incorrect file extension with long file names.
                * Backup file extension option didn't work with remote files.
                * 'Monitor Clipboard' could paste same text multiple times.
                * 'Import'/'Export' button on the 'Set Directories' dialog box didn't work.
                * Templates didn't work if the default encoding option is set to Unicode.
                * Function List wouldn't be updated when switching documents.
                * Could not run php.exe if it was added to PATH manually.
                * Fixes cursor location bug when editing syntax files.
                * Menu bitmap for user tools could not display customized icons.
                * 'Hide Line Numbers' option on the Print page didn't work correctly.
                * 'View in Browser' on the Directory Window could incorrectly run the 'Edit Source' command.
                * Highlight Word option could cause program freeze.
                * 'Directory'->'Refresh' was missing from the custom shortcut key list.
                * Fixes menu bitmap on Windows Classic theme.
                * 'Tools' dialog box could display wrong browser name list.
                * 'Continue to next file' option didn't work with Find Previous.
                * Could not set indent value of 1 for custom file types.
                * Find in Files keystroke recording could be incorrect.
                * Fixes wrong Output Window location in full screen mode.
                * 'Use EditPlus in Internet Explorer' option didn't work on Windows XP.
                * Prevents wrong 'file modified' warning messages.
              • mljones1947
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 29, 2012
                  Version 3.40 is available at http://www.editplus.com/download.html

                  What's new:

                  <features>
                  * Supports ctags ('Search'->'ctags').
                  * 'Find as you type' option in the Find dialog box.
                  * Syntax highlighting for HTML5 and CSS3.
                  * 'Export'/'Import' buttons on the 'Preferences'-'>Colors' dialog box.
                  * Displays close buttons on the Document Selector tabs.
                  * FTP Upload dialog allows selecting multiple sites.
                  * 'Upload to a temp file then rename' FTP option.
                  * SOCKS5 proxy option.
                  * Supports CHMOD command from the Directory Window.
                  * 'Use TortoiseGit' menu option ('File'->'TortoiseSVN').
                  * 'Search'->'Search Web' menu command.
                  * Independent scrollbars for splitted panes.
                  * 'List' button on the Replace dialog box.
                  * 'Marker List' command ('Search'->'Marker').
                  * 'Shell Menu' menu command on the Directory Window.
                  * 'Scroll Sync' menu option ('Window'->'Others').
                  * 'Show result in a new document' option on the 'Find in Files' dialog box.
                  * 'Enlarge toolbar buttons' option ('Preferences'->'Tools').
                  * 'View'->'White Spaces'->'All' command.
                  * Improves speed of 'Delete Duplicated Lines'.
                  * Allows sorting of 'Web server root directoy' settings.
                  * Toobar button for 'Line Comment Indent'.
                  * 'Disable font smoothing' option ('Preferences'->'Fonts')
                  * 'Ignore Line Comment' code folding option ('View'->'Code Folding')
                  * 'Keep directory structure' backup option.

                  <bug fixes>
                  * Some FTP servers could cause program crash.
                  * Long FTP banner text could cause program crash.
                  * 'Find in Files' command could cause memory leak.
                  * 'Stop' command in the Output Window didn't work with some programs.
                  * 'Use Pageant' option could fail if multiple keys are present.
                  * FTP could not open file with space in the name.
                  * Fixes Directory Window sorting order on foreign language Windows.
                  * Cold Folding didn't work correctly with line comments.
                  * Fixes wrong FTP download progress indicator.
                  * Fixes wrong 'file modified' warning on some network drives.
                  * Fixes invalid 'TortoiseSVN not found' error.
                  * 'Refresh' command in the Cliptext window didn't work.
                  * Fixes CSS syntax highlighting for numbers.
                  * Word highlighting could not handle tab characters.
                  * Window position could be wrongly restored if taskbar is on the left side.
                  * FTP directory cache wasn't case sensitive.
                • John Smith
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 29, 2012
                    thanks - now it just needs to add an auto update is available :-)

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 1, 2012
                      right anyone know how to turn this feature off
                      "Displays close buttons on the Document Selector tabs."

                      With many tabs open you now see less of the filename due to the close
                      button being there, which i really do not need.
                      thanks

                    • Salvatore Pulvirenti
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 1, 2012
                        Menu Tools --> Preferences
                        than go to
                        Tools --> Layout and check "Hide close buttons"
                        Anyway if the filename is too long you see only a part of this.

                        ByeKtrl+S

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 1, 2012
                          thanks had somehow overseen that one :-)

                          True but at least you see more without the button !