Cliptext function

  • Chancer Reese
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2010
      I would like to use the Cliptext to change or add formatting to a HTML/CSS template I have. I need the cliptext to use the CSS native to that specific template, so I can change things on the fly. but I can't figure out how to make the cliptext work. Is there a handy how-to by the numbers available?

      Thanks
      Chancer

    • Peter Anderson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2010
        On 4/06/2010 7:44 AM, Chancer Reese wrote:
        > I would like to use the Cliptext to change or add formatting to a HTML/CSS template I have. I need the cliptext to use the CSS native to that specific template, so I can change things on the fly. but I can't figure out how to make the cliptext work. Is there a handy how-to by the numbers available?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Chancer
        Chancer,

        I have several ClipText files that I have modified for my own use. There
        is information on how to write a ClipText file contained in the EditPlus
        help file - see "Features -> ClipText Window -> ClipText Library".

        What follows is a portion of a ClipText file I have developed for using
        EditPlus as a word processor that uses HTML for its text formatting:

        #TITLE=normal(dot)html
        #INFO
        This Clip Lib is designed to be the HTML equivalent to Microsoft Word's
        normal.dot. It contains HTML tags that are useful for the preparation of
        documents rather than web pages; documents that are, however, viewed in
        a web
        browser. This version has been modified to work with EditPlus.
        Author: Peter Anderson (peterjohnanderson@...)
        Licence: Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike
        (current version) http://creativecommons.org/licenses/
        Created: Sunday, 16 December 2007
        Modified: Monday, 27 July 2009

        #SORT=n

        #T=Blank HTML page
        <!doctype html>
        <head>
        <title>^!</title>
        a{background-color:transparent; text-decoration:none;}
        a:link, a:visited, a:active, a:hover{color:navy;}
        a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}
        html, body{background-color:white; color:black;}
        body{font-family:Georgia,"Times New Roman",Times,serif; font-size:12pt;
        margin:2%;}
        h1{font-size:18pt;}
        h2{font-size:16pt;}
        h3{font-size:14pt;}
        h4{font-size:12pt;}
        h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6{font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;}
        h2, h3, h4, h5, h6{font-weight:lighter;}
        hr{background-color:black; color:black; border:0; height:1px;
        text-align:center; width:80%;}
        ... some clip text cut from here
        </head>

        #T=-------------------------
        -------------------------
        #T=Non-breaking space

        #T=… Ellipses

        #T=& Ampersand
        &
        #T=" Double quote
        "
        #T=' Single quote
        '
        #T=• Bullet

        ... Some Clip Text cut from here
        #T=Comment
        <!-- ^! -->
        #T=Paragraph
        #T=Line break
        #T=Heading 1
        <h1>^!</h1>
        #T=Heading 2
        <h2>^!</h2>
        #T=Heading 3
        <h3>^!</h3>
        #T=Heading 4
        <h4>^!</h4>
        #T=Horizontal Rule
        <hr>
        #T=Bold
        <b>^!</b>
        #T=Italic
        <i>^!</i>
        #T=Underline text
        ... Much more Clip Text follows from here

        "^!" is the cursor insertion point; so if you type "The quick brown fox"
        then highlight that text in the edit window then press the "Italic"
        ClipText entry you get "<i>The quick brown fox</i>" - simple.

        If you want a copy of my file click here
        http://www.editplus.com/dn.cgi?normal.zip

        Post a reply if you want more help. IMHO, ClipText is what makes
        EditPlus, there are lots of good text editors but very few have such a
        useful AND simple enhancement.

        Regards,
        Peter
        --
        *Peter Anderson*
        There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to