Re: [edit+] Suggestion: Comparing/editing two files side-by-side

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6 6:05 AM
      John Smith wrote:
      > i personally prefer beyond compare but strangely enough the version 2 i
      > find better than the latest version

      I like version 3 of BeyondCompare specifically because of the three-way
      merge feature. The new "Session Manager" thing is confusing and awkward.

      dZ.
    • Bronius Motekaitis
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6 7:03 AM
        I've not tried it myself, but here's the wiki entry on how to set it up:
        http://editplus.info/wiki/User_Tools#WinMerge:_Compare_two_open_files
        Also, I see an old
        thread<http://osdir.com/ml/editors.editplus.general/2008-06/msg00020.html>(hey,
        dZ's there :) ) that describes how EP guides the user to pick
        *which *two windows to compare.

        I am a big fan of BeyondCompare (v2) also. v3 seems to have necessarily
        cluttered the interface, but I never really gave it an honest evaluation.
        Three-way sounds nice, but if you need it, p4merge does a super, elegant job
        of it (for free, as stated).

        -Bronius

        On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:05 AM, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

        > John Smith wrote:
        > > i personally prefer beyond compare but strangely enough the version 2 i
        > > find better than the latest version
        >
        > I like version 3 of BeyondCompare specifically because of the three-way
        > merge feature. The new "Session Manager" thing is confusing and awkward.

        http://www.bcswebstudio.com
        kiosk | web | drupal development