Re: [edit+] Suggestion: Comparing/editing two files side-by-side

  • John Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
      i personally prefer beyond compare but strangely enough the version 2 i
      find better than the latest version

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
        John Smith wrote:
        > i personally prefer beyond compare but strangely enough the version 2 i
        > find better than the latest version

        I like version 3 of BeyondCompare specifically because of the three-way
        merge feature. The new "Session Manager" thing is confusing and awkward.

        dZ.
      • Bronius Motekaitis
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6, 2010
          I've not tried it myself, but here's the wiki entry on how to set it up:
          http://editplus.info/wiki/User_Tools#WinMerge:_Compare_two_open_files
          Also, I see an old
          thread<http://osdir.com/ml/editors.editplus.general/2008-06/msg00020.html>(hey,
          dZ's there :) ) that describes how EP guides the user to pick
          *which *two windows to compare.

          I am a big fan of BeyondCompare (v2) also. v3 seems to have necessarily
          cluttered the interface, but I never really gave it an honest evaluation.
          Three-way sounds nice, but if you need it, p4merge does a super, elegant job
          of it (for free, as stated).

          -Bronius

          On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:05 AM, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

          > John Smith wrote:
          > > i personally prefer beyond compare but strangely enough the version 2 i
          > > find better than the latest version
          >
          > I like version 3 of BeyondCompare specifically because of the three-way
          > merge feature. The new "Session Manager" thing is confusing and awkward.

          http://www.bcswebstudio.com
          kiosk | web | drupal development