Replace Dialog

  • _izme_
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hi,

      Not sure it has been asked before. I wish if we had a little tweak in "Replace-Dialog" for it could suggest me the "Replace with" string same as the last replacement I made for a certain string. Say I replaced AAA with BBB once & later on if -
      a. I select word AAA & the hit Ctrl+H (Replace Dialog) OR
      b. Hit the Ctrl+H & then type something in "Text to find" say AAA
      then it should automatically suggest BBB as a replacement as this is what I replaced AAA with lately. Furthermoe if I decide to replace AAA with CCC this time then next time it should suggest me "CCC". Also great if it could work for Regex replacements & not just words.
    • Richard Grevers
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
        On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 05:51:09 +1300, _izme_ <vikasera@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Not sure it has been asked before. I wish if we had a little tweak in
        > "Replace-Dialog" for it could suggest me the "Replace with" string same
        > as the last replacement I made for a certain string. Say I replaced AAA
        > with BBB once & later on if -
        > a. I select word AAA & the hit Ctrl+H (Replace Dialog) OR
        > b. Hit the Ctrl+H & then type something in "Text to find" say AAA
        > then it should automatically suggest BBB as a replacement as this is
        > what I replaced AAA with lately. Furthermoe if I decide to replace AAA
        > with CCC this time then next time it should suggest me "CCC". Also great
        > if it could work for Regex replacements & not just words.

        What you describe is the default behaviour! Plus the last 20 or so search
        and replace strings are available via a dropdown. If you are not seeing
        this, then my guess is that your editplus is configured to store its
        runtime data in the program files directory and you are on Vista or later,
        where the OS won't let non-admin users do that. (I've had that when
        importing user files from a copy on an older OS).

        --
        Richard Grevers
        New Plymouth
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
          Richard,
          I think he meant that the Replacement String is "autocompleted" to match the the Find string.

          Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?