feature request: lines in reverse order

  • Bronius Motekaitis
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2009
      Would anyone else out there see enough value in an upside-down or
      reverse-line-order file display to warrant a feature request? I have in
      mind something that displays the latest entries (say.. I dunno.. to a LOG
      FILE??) on top of the file, so when you reload (ALT+D, E), you don't have to
      jump to the bottom when looking for latest log entries.

      --
      http://www.bcswebstudio.com
      web | drupal cms development

    • mljones1947
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 30, 2009
        I wouldn't use it very often.

        > Would anyone else out there see enough value in an upside-down or
        > reverse-line-order file display to warrant a feature request? I have in
        > mind something that displays the latest entries (say.. I dunno.. to a LOG
        > FILE??) on top of the file, so when you reload (ALT+D, E), you don't have to
        > jump to the bottom when looking for latest log entries.
        >
        > --
        > http://www.bcswebstudio.com
        > web | drupal cms development

      • Bronius Motekaitis
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 30, 2009
          I knew this part but forgot: As it turns out, if I hit reload, the
          cursor stays about where it was before the load. So, Open remote log
          file, hit CTRL-END to jump to the bottom, then every reload ALT-D, E
          keeps the window scroll and cursor in about the same place, making it
          easy to see the latest log entries.

          -Bronius

          On 10/30/09, mljones1947 <mljones1947@...> wrote:
          > I wouldn't use it very often.

          > wrote:
          >>
          >> Would anyone else out there see enough value in an upside-down or
          >> reverse-line-order file display to warrant a feature request? I have in
          >> mind something that displays the latest entries (say.. I dunno.. to a LOG
          >> FILE??) on top of the file, so when you reload (ALT+D, E), you don't have
          >> jump to the bottom when looking for latest log entries.
          >>
          >> --
          >> http://www.bcswebstudio.com
          >> web | drupal cms development

          http://www.bcswebstudio.com
          web | drupal cms development
        • Mark Kahn
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2009
            tail -f

            :)

            -Mark

            On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Bronius Motekaitis <
            subscription@...> wrote:

            > I knew this part but forgot: As it turns out, if I hit reload, the
            > cursor stays about where it was before the load. So, Open remote log
            > file, hit CTRL-END to jump to the bottom, then every reload ALT-D, E
            > keeps the window scroll and cursor in about the same place, making it
            > easy to see the latest log entries.
            >
            > -Bronius
            >

            > On 10/30/09, mljones1947 <mljones1947@... <mljones1947%40yahoo.com>>
            > wrote:
            > > I wouldn't use it very often.
            > >
            > > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com <editplus%40yahoogroups.com>, Bronius
            > > wrote:
            > >>
            > >> Would anyone else out there see enough value in an upside-down or
            > >> reverse-line-order file display to warrant a feature request? I have in
            > >> mind something that displays the latest entries (say.. I dunno.. to a
            > LOG
            > >> FILE??) on top of the file, so when you reload (ALT+D, E), you don't
            > have
            > >> jump to the bottom when looking for latest log entries.
            > >>
            > >> --
            > >> http://www.bcswebstudio.com
            > >> web | drupal cms development

            > http://www.bcswebstudio.com
            > web | drupal cms development

          • Tom Ditmars
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
              On 31-Oct-09 17:53, Mark Kahn wrote:
              > tail -f
              >
              > :)

              Yes, but he's running Windows, not *nix. ;)

              Bronius, check out <http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/>. As Mark
              indicated, the tail utility (in the CoreUtils package) will pretty much
              do what you want.
              Tom Ditmars zarggg [at] zarggg [dot] net KeyID: 0xBB48FA7D
            • Matthew
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 29, 2010
                I would like a line reverse feature. I sometimes need to reverse lines of code, xml, or lists. I'd like to just highlight the text, and click a "Reverse" command.

                So that:

                Line 1
                Line 2
                Line 3