Re: [edit+] Recovering unsaved files

  • tc_online2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
      Speaking of bak files I'd like to throw out a request. I'd actually like to see more bak files - so keep something like 10 prior revisions (bak01, bak02, etc.). The bak file actually saved me alot of time just a few weeks back, but more often in the past, I would've like to have gone back a few versions.

      > A default operation of EditPlus is to clutter with .bak files.
      [...]
    • dz@caribe.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
        tc_online2000 wrote:

        > Speaking of bak files I'd like to throw out a
        request. I'd actually like
        > to see more bak files - so keep something like 10
        prior revisions
        > (bak01, bak02, etc.). The bak file actually saved
        me alot of time just a
        > few weeks back, but more often in the past, I
        would've like to have gone
        > back a few versions.

        It actually does this. On the Preferences|Files
        screen, click the button "Backup options...". From
        there, tick the boxes "Include directory name" and
        "Include date and time".

        The backups will then be stamped with the date and
        time in the filename every time they are saved.

        Note that this will only work if you enable the
        option "Create backup file when saving", not for the
        auto-save. Then, every time you save your file, a
        backup is made of every version.

        dZ.

        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Bronius Motekaitis