Re: [edit+] empty lines

  • Aleem Juma
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 22, 2009
      edit -> find and replacetick the "regular expression" box
      replace: \n\n
      with: \n

      2009/9/22 sakhalino4ka <sakhalino4ka@...>

      > hi~
      > how can i delete empty lines in *.txt file?

    • Aleem Juma
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 22, 2009
        wuh! learn something new every day!i totally missed that one...

      • dz@caribe.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 22, 2009
          Aleem Juma wrote:
          > wuh! learn something new every day!i totally missed
          that one...

          The funny thing is that I recall reading it in the
          "What's New" of version 3.11 (which is why I
          remembered it right now), but I could never remember
          it whenever I have needed to use it myself; so I end
          up doing it like you, with regular expressions.

          -dZ.
        • Mark Kahn
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 22, 2009
            replace: \n\n+
            with: \n

            will catch multiple empty lines without having to re-run the replace several
            times

            -Mark