jump to row or column in large file

  • Bronius Motekaitis
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2009
      Any time I come across a feature I wish I had, I think, "I better post to
      the list and find out whether it exists first," then I go and look for it
      before posting to the list, then I find it in EditPlus or its great
      documentation, and then I try to close the loop by posting back to the list,
      but there's no seed message.

      Here's the seed message and closing the gap:

      We all know and love CTRL-G for Go to Row#... but I've been messing with
      horizontally large ("vertically challenged?") flatfiles lately, and found
      that CTRL-SHIFT-G is Go to Column#. Perfect.

      hth
      -bronius

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2009
        Wow! Thanks for that, I didn't know that either. That'll sure come in
        handy.

        "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"

        -- Occam's Razor