Re: [edit+] Help with downloading a file

  • Bronius Motekaitis
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2009
      hmm.. after authenticating to yahoo groups, I'm getting:
      The requested document is not accessible.
      from the link:
      normal.ctl<http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wJC_SRccL5_1x-H73mJO0qPNKm-skTosYYz56ftCWTMU084bTMhB3Aj19MUZVe0hOB7PN8b_E9W2t4TWtFD8Aiisggygj2pQJ4M/normal.ctl>
      Normal(dot)html Cliptext Library

      -bronius

      On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 6:33 AM, Peter Anderson <
      peter.anderson@...> wrote:

      > Colleagues,
      >
      > I have just re-installed Windows XP. Prior to this I thought that I had
      > backed up everything of importance. Well I missed several custom written
      > EditPlus clip library files. The most important one of these is a file
      > called normal(dot)html.ctl
      >
      > I have previously uploaded this file to the mailing list and a Google
      > search shows that it is still there. Unfortunately I don't have a Yahoo
      > ID and so cannot access the files area of the EditPlus group.
      >
      > I was wondering if one of you might be kind enough to access the file
      > and e-mail it to me. My e-mail address is peter.anderson [at]
      > internode.on.net
      >
      > There was months of work in that file and I dread having to start again.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Peter
      > --
      > *Peter Anderson*
      > There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
      > conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
      > introduction of a new order of things�Niccolo Machiavelli, /The Prince/,
      > ch. 6

    • Peter Anderson
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17, 2009
        Bronius Motekaitis wrote:
        > hmm.. after authenticating to yahoo groups, I'm getting:
        > The requested document is not accessible.
        > from the link:
        > normal.ctl<http://f1.grp.yahoofs
        Bronius,

        Bugger! (That's an Australian term of annoyance ;-) )

        Looks like I've lost it. Thanks very much for trying.

        Regards,
        Peter
        --
        *Peter Anderson*
        There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
        conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
        introduction of a new order of things—Niccolo Machiavelli, /The Prince/,
        ch. 6
      • Milen A. Radev
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17, 2009
          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Peter Anderson <peter.anderson@...> wrote:

          > Bronius Motekaitis wrote:
          > > hmm.. after authenticating to yahoo groups, I'm getting:
          > > The requested document is not accessible.
          > > from the link:
          > > normal.ctl<http://f1.grp.yahoofs
          > Bronius,
          >
          > Bugger! (That's an Australian term of annoyance ;-) )
          >
          > Looks like I've lost it. Thanks very much for trying.
          [...]

          No such problem here - I've downloaded it and uploaded it here:
          http://radev.org/normal.ctl .

          --
          Milen A. Radev
        • Aleem Juma
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 17, 2009
            This looks like it...

            2009/3/17 Peter Anderson <peter.anderson@...>:
            > Bronius Motekaitis wrote:
            >> hmm.. after authenticating to yahoo groups, I'm getting:
            >> The requested document is not accessible.
            >> from the link:
            >> �normal.ctl<http://f1.grp.yahoofs.
            > Bronius,
            >
            > Bugger! (That's an Australian term of annoyance ;-) )
            >
            > Looks like I've lost it. Thanks very much for trying.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Peter
            > --
            > *Peter Anderson*
            > There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
            > conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
            > introduction of a new order of things�Niccolo Machiavelli, /The Prince/,
            > ch. 6

          • Peter Anderson
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 17, 2009
              Aleem Juma wrote:
              > This looks like it...
              >
              > 2009/3/17 Peter Anderson <peter.anderson@...>:
              >
              >> Bronius Motekaitis wrote:
              >>
              >>> hmm.. after authenticating to yahoo groups, I'm getting:
              >>> The requested document is not accessible.
              >>> from the link:
              >>> normal.ctl<http://f1.grp.yahoofs.
              >>>
              >> Bronius,
              >>
              >> Bugger! (That's an Australian term of annoyance ;-) )
              >>
              >> Looks like I've lost it. Thanks very much for trying.
              >>
              >> Regards,
              >> Peter
              >> --
              >> *Peter Anderson*
              >> There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
              >> conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
              >> introduction of a new order of things—Niccolo Machiavelli, /The Prince/,
              >> ch. 6

              Aleem,

              Part of your reply was removed. Try e-mailing to me directly at