PHP Color Scheme

  • dudeis1337
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
      How do you change the color of the PHP start/end tags, semi-colons,
      etc? I dont see any ui option or ini option.
    • Peter Anderson
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2 1:40 AM
        dudeis1337 wrote:
        > How do you change the color of the PHP start/end tags, semi-colons,
        > etc? I dont see any ui option or ini option.
        The following is an exerpt from the EditPlus PHP syntax file:

        #TITLE=PHP 5 including predefined variables, classes and constants
        ; By PHP Manual (2007-11-25) on www.php.net
        ; 13.06.2008 - added HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA

        #CASE=n

        #DELIMITER=,(){}[]-+*%/="`'~!&|<>?:;.#@<<<
        #QUOTATION1='
        #NUMBER_PATTERN=cpp
        #SKIP_QUOTE=y

        #KEYWORD=Reserved words [1]
        -
        !
        $
        +
        <
        =

        {
        }
        __CLASS__
        __FILE__

        Note the both "<" and ">" are under the "#KEYWORD=Reserved words [1]"
        heading. EditPlus changes the syntax colouring based on which #KEYWORD
        category the particular syntax element is listed. EditPlus syntax files
        allow (I think) five #KEYWORD headings (see
        http://editplus.info/wiki/Syntax_file_format to make sure). The PHP
        syntax file I have only uses three #KEYWORD headings.

        So if you really wanted your PHP script delimeters to be in a different
        colour you could try adding something like this to your PHP syntax file:

        #KEYWORD=PHP delimeters
        <?php
        ?>

        See the web page link. Hope that helps.

        Peter
        --
        *Peter Anderson*
        There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2 8:46 AM
          Look haaarrrdder
          - Rafiki the Monkey

          Tools -> Preferences -> Files -> Settings & syntax
          Click on PHP, then click on the Syntax colors tab to change the main PHP
          syntax colors to what you want.
          Then to change HTML portions of the PHP file, click on HTML instead of PHP
          and change those colors.

          Of course, all of this depends on you having syntax files for HTML and PHP
          installed in the first place.
          The *.stx files are usually in your install directory, but that can be set
          (and determined where they are) in the Tools -> Set Directories dialog box.

          Thanks,
          Daniel Gibby

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2 10:13 AM
            Adding the php tags, etc to the stx file doesnt seem to work. I've
            tried doing what you suggested and just adding them to an existing
            #keyword.

            --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Peter Anderson <peter.anderson@...>