Re: [edit+] New feature bounties

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2009
      On Feb 17, 2009, at 21:07, Bronius Motekaitis wrote:

      > Someone follow Kevin's chipin site with one that raises money not to
      > bloat
      > ep! ;)

      My money goes to that one.
      http://www.leave-my-ep-alone.com/
      http://www.fight-the-bloat.com/

      (fake sites, btw. :)

      Give a man a fish, he owes you one fish.
      Teach a man to fish, you give up your monopoly on fisheries.
    • Sergio Pereira
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2009
        Instead of having every single feature imaginable baked into ep, why
        not just suggest/request more extensibility in the product?
        With that in place we could fill in the perceived gaps ourselves and
        share our solutions in a common repository. The user tools are handy
        but a little limited at the moment.
        I think ep has potential to become, more than just a text editor and
        project organizer, a decent platform for anyone that takes working
        with text files seriously.

        just my .02
        ______________________________________
        Sergio Pereira

        On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Kevin <kthunt@...> wrote:
        > I have been using Edit+ for about 10 years now. I have tried many
        > other editors along the way, but this is still my favorite. Now, like
        > many of you, there are many features that I would like to see added or
        > altered a bit that would make my day much easier. I work mostly in
        > web-PHP environment.
        >
        > I would like to suggest to Sangil Kim setting up something along the
        > line of the bounties offered in open source. You, me, we - offer a
        > bounty (cash) to get a feature you want added, others can add to that
        > bounty. Sangil can then see just where people are really willing to
        > put their money where their mouth is on features and can maximize his
        > return on effort.
        > He gets paid for his work along the way, and has a better product to
        > sell to others as they come along. Sure, some of us would be paying
        > for someone else to get a feature... but I don't care, if it's worth
        > it to me to have it, then it's worth it.
        >
        > There's plenty of things that I would happily kick in $20, $50 or even
        > $100 towards getting it done sooner than later, or never. There's
        > plenty of models for the escrow of handling the offers so we know that
        > the feature would happen, and he would know he'd get paid when it did.
        >
        > I also bet there's plenty of programmers out there to start a group
        > around and setup a subversion repository to make the bounty website
        > for Sangil.
        >
        > So any thoughts on that?
        >
        > Kevin

      • Pablo D. Carrau
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18, 2009
          How about we use UserVoice.com so that we can suggest and vote for the
          most wanted/needed features so that Sangil has a better idea of what
          his customers are looking for?

          I went ahead and created an account so that we can begin using it:
          http://editplus.uservoice.com/

          What do you think?