auto complete in HTML files

  • dsvick31
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 16, 2008
      Hi everyone, this is probably my first of many posts. I'm trying out
      Edit Plus as a replacement for Crimson Editor so I'm sure I'll have
      lots of questions...

      I'm working in an asp file and it auto completing words as I type them
      and I cannot find the acp file that it is using to complete them from.
      For example if I type "and" and then hit the space bar it changes it
      to "And", the same thing happens with "if" to "If" and several others.

      I prefer to use all lowercase so I'd like to turn this off if
      possible, or expand some of them. But I cannot find the file it is
      using. There is nothing listed under preferences for an auto complete
      file for HTML or VB Script. And I cannot find anything in a search
      here or the wiki either.

      Thanks

      Dave
    • dz@caribe.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 16, 2008
        Hello Dave,

        Welcome to our list! First, you'll be happy to
        know that the auto-complete file is fully
        configurable. There are also a large amount of user
        submitted auto-complete and syntax-highlighting files
        for all sorts of file types in the EditPlus.com web site.

        To find the ASP auto-complete file, just go to
        the Tools|Preferences window and look for the
        Files|Settings & Syntax section. From there, look
        for the VBScript or ASP file type from the list (or
        whatever file type EditPlus has associated with your
        *.asp files -- hint: if you have an ASP file open, it
        should select its file type by default). There you
        will see the path of the auto complete file in the
        "Auto Completion" field. Alternatively, you can
        click on "Load" and EditPlus will load it for editing.

        When you're done editing the file you will want
        to refresh the auto-completion engine by going going
        to the Documents|File Type|Refresh STX/ACP menu.

        I hope this helps.

        -dZ.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 17, 2008
          Thanks for the reply DZ.

          I had tried that already and there is nothing listed in the auto
          completion field for that syntax type.

          It is listed as an html file type, which is fine, but there is no file
          name listed. That's why I asked if there is some sort of default one
          or global one that is always active.

          thanks

        • dz@caribe.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 17, 2008
            There is one more thing you can check: Open up the
            syntax highlight file for that file type and look for
            a line that says "#AUTOCASE=y". If it's there,
            that's probably what is causing the case to be
            adjusted. Just set it to "n".

            -dZ.

          • dsvick31
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 20, 2008