Re: [edit+] Highlight Text, same as Selected

  • tc_online2000
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2008
      Ha! This is exactly what I do!! But seriously, this type of
      highlighting is one of the few things I'm jealous of in other editors...

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Bronius Motekaitis"

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2008
        On Aug 9, 2008, at 21:53, Bronius Motekaitis wrote:

        > Hmm.. I've never seen it myself, but it does sound handy if done right.
        > What I do atm is highlight, CTRL-F, ESC, then bear down on F3 to repeat
        > search and watch it dance across my document....

        So much work! I move the cursor over the word I want to search and
        press CTRL+F3, then continue with F3. The CTRL+F3 shortcut
        automagically selects the word under the cursor, and sets it as the
        search target.

        dZ.

        +++ Divide By Cucumber Error - Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
      • tc_online2000
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 8, 2008
          egads, my editor just got better!

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 9, 2008
            And remember kids: you can always reprogram the keys to all those
            commands!

            Cheers!
            dZ.

            --
            "Bastard Operators don't just win. Anyone can win. Bastard Operators
            win and totally demoralise. That's real winning."

            -- BOfH