Re: [edit+] Clip text entries disapearing?

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2002
      At around 04/09/2002 10:52 PM, You said something like:
      >Ahaa ..... When you create Cliptext Library Items with a # in the Textbody
      >you must add ^ in front of it.
      >[for example: If I want 5 #'s I must do it like this, ^#^#^#^#^#]
      >Guess where I found the answer? The Helpfile! Who would have thought to
      >look there!

      You only need one "^" at the beginning of the line.

      dZ.
    • ~John
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2002
        Ahaa ..... When you create Cliptext Library Items with a # in the Textbody you must add ^ in front of it.
        [for example: If I want 5 #'s I must do it like this, ^#^#^#^#^#]
        Guess where I found the answer? The Helpfile! Who would have thought to look there!

        ~John

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2002
          >I have just tried your example and it *does* change the body to
          >"-------". I checked the *.ctl file and realized that the problem is
          >because the hash symbol (#) marks the beginning of a new cliptext and
          >therefore confuses the Editplus parsing engine when reading the file. I
          >guess this is obviously a bug, since there should be a way to escape the
          >hash (#) mark in cliptexts. I will report it to Sangil Kim.

          I am sorry, I spoke too soon. It is not a bug. It works the same way as
          the Syntax files, the escape character is the caret (^). If you are going
          to start a line with the hash (#) symbol, you need to escape the first
          character like this:

          Text Body: ^# # # # # # # # # #

          I just tried it and it works. The help file mentions this for the syntax
          files but not for the cliptexts.

          dZ.
        • ~John
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9, 2002
            Okay, Thanks a bunch DZ! I'll keep that in mind.
            I've been adding more "^'s" than I really need.

            ~John

            You only need one "^" at the beginning of the line.