Re: [edit+] Clip text entries disapearing?

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2002
      Hummm... My messages are arriving out of order to the list. :(

      dZ.
    • ~John
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2002
        Has anyone else experienced this problem in Edit+, where your "cliptext
        library" entries disapear when you change categories or when you shut down
        E+ ?
        When I make a new cliptext category I will loose some of the changes that
        I've made to it, or loose complete entries. I have never lost an entire
        Cliptext Library, but only the entries.
        I have had this problem for quite some time, I figured it would be taken
        care of in the latest release, but it wasn't. Maybe that's because I failed
        to report it.
        I've noticed that some of the cliptext that I have made will even change
        when I restart or switch directories.
        for example:
        I made a New Cliptext category called Perl Snippets
        then I added an entry Titled: - - - - - - - - - -
        for the text body: # # # # # # # # # #
        Then when I restart Edit+ the new entry has become:
        Title: - - - - - - - - - -
        Text Body: - - - - - - - - - -

        Does anyone know a workaround for this until it gets fixed? Or am I just
        doing this wrong?
        thanks..... and remember, I don't want anyone to think I'm complaining, this
        is still the BEST EDITOR AROUND!

        ~John
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2002
          At around 04/09/2002 02:17 PM, You said something like:
          >Has anyone else experienced this problem in Edit+, where your "cliptext
          >library" entries disapear when you change categories or when you shut down
          >E+ ?
          >When I make a new cliptext category I will loose some of the changes that
          >I've made to it, or loose complete entries. I have never lost an entire
          >Cliptext Library, but only the entries.
          >I have had this problem for quite some time, I figured it would be taken
          >care of in the latest release, but it wasn't. Maybe that's because I failed
          >to report it.
          >I've noticed that some of the cliptext that I have made will even change
          >when I restart or switch directories.
          >for example:
          >I made a New Cliptext category called Perl Snippets
          >then I added an entry Titled: - - - - - - - - - -
          >for the text body: # # # # # # # # # #
          >Then when I restart Edit+ the new entry has become:
          >Text Body: - - - - - - - - - -

          I have just tried your example and it *does* change the body to
          "-------". I checked the *.ctl file and realized that the problem is
          because the hash symbol (#) marks the beginning of a new cliptext and
          therefore confuses the Editplus parsing engine when reading the file. I
          guess this is obviously a bug, since there should be a way to escape the
          hash (#) mark in cliptexts. I will report it to Sangil Kim.

          As for cliptexts disappearing from the list, hummmmm, never had that. Make
          sure your cliptext file has the proper format.