Pref setting for LOCALHOST - ???

  • JVRudnick
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2008
      Seems like every couple of years, when I get a new box, I have this
      very same problem.

      I have been using EP for more'n 5 years now, and upgraded to 3.0.1
      just yesterday. Today, turned on the box, went to the Prefs > Tools >
      and tried to enter localhost and C:\Inetpub\wwwroot just like I've
      always used...

      Now, the .asp files I work on all do work fine, honest. But everytime
      I try to view in the Seamless Browser (or any other setting for that
      matter) means that I get this same error message --

      Server Application Error
      The server has encountered an error while loading an application
      during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log
      for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator
      for assistance.

      -- while the address bar quite rightfully shows "http://localhost/AAA-
      CLIENTS/hello.asp"

      Taking out that localhost settings mean that the asp files dont
      get "served" at all...while the address bar shows a
      plain "file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/AAA-CLIENTS/hello.asp"

      ???

      what do I need to do to fix this - is this another uninstall IIS -
      reboot - install IIS - reboot procedure once again?

      ????

      Jim
    • T Cosmas
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2008
        You should post your question to the appropriate Yahoo! Group (maybe
        SysAdmin2020 or system_administrators or system-administrators).

        The EditPlus group are folks who write code (chiefly HTML, PHP, etc.).
        System administration is very much off topic.

        Thanks.
      • JVRudnick
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23, 2008
          Wrong. This question appears many times here in this group, I outta
          know cause I've had to ask it for years....my question as you should
          have read it relates to the setup of Editplus....

          Editplus is a great app - but there is something "wonky" in it's
          Seamless Browser coding....

          That said, as usual, a complete unistall of IIS, reboot, reinstall
          made the question moot...

          Editplus is still my fav tho...

          Jim