Syntax Highlight Using / Character

  • andolini1976
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2008
      I'm working on a syntax file for .dml files. Lets say I have a piece
      of code like:
      INPUT_BLOCK ONE /ROW=1 /COL=1 &
      /TARGET=#VARIABLE

      I can get the syntax file to highlight INPUT_BLOCK-but not /ROW, /COL,
      /TARGET. I don't want to use / as a #PREFIX because I only want the
      code highlighted if it is typed correctly. This is a small example, I
      have many commands preceded by / that I plan to setup. Here is my
      syntax file:

      --start of file
      #TITLE=DML

      #QUOTATION1="
      #LINECOMMENT=!
      #CASE=n
      #AUTOCASE=y
      #NUMBER_PATTERN=cpp
      #DELIMITER=,()}[]-+*%/="'~!&|\<>?:;.

      #KEYWORD=Language
      INPUT_BLOCK
      /TARGET
      /COL
      /ROW

      #
      --end of file

      Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2008
        You must remove the '/' from the DELIMITER list. The problem is that
        EditPlus cannot detect, say, "/TARGET" as a keyword when it is set to
        split it as "/" and "TARGET".

        These are the little idiosyncrasies that make complex syntax
        highlighting difficult or impossible in EditPlus.

        dZ.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2008
          This worked, thanks for your help..
          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

          > You must remove the '/' from the DELIMITER list. The problem is that
          > EditPlus cannot detect, say, "/TARGET" as a keyword when it is set to
          > split it as "/" and "TARGET".
          >
          > These are the little idiosyncrasies that make complex syntax
          > highlighting difficult or impossible in EditPlus.
          >
          > dZ.
          >
          > On Mar 6, 2008, at 16:57, andolini1976 wrote:
          >
          > > I'm working on a syntax file for .dml files. Lets say I have a piece
          > > of code like:
          > > INPUT_BLOCK ONE /ROW=1 /COL=1 &
          > > /TARGET=#VARIABLE
          > >
          > > I can get the syntax file to highlight INPUT_BLOCK-but not /ROW, /COL,
          > > /TARGET. I don't want to use / as a #PREFIX because I only want the
          > > code highlighted if it is typed correctly. This is a small example, I
          > > have many commands preceded by / that I plan to setup. Here is my
          > > syntax file:
          > >
          > > --start of file
          > > #TITLE=DML
          > >
          > > #QUOTATION1="
          > > #LINECOMMENT=!
          > > #CASE=n
          > > #AUTOCASE=y
          > > #NUMBER_PATTERN=cpp
          > > #DELIMITER=,()}[]-+*%/="'~!&|\<>?:;.
          > >
          > > #KEYWORD=Language
          > > INPUT_BLOCK
          > > /TARGET
          > > /COL
          > > /ROW
          > >
          > > #
          > > --end of file
          > >
          > > Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
          > >

          > > http://www.editplus.com
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Martin Salcedo
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 11, 2008
            All the cases, and especialy for this cases a Use underscore for the ACP...

            --

            *****
            Martin Salcedo