version 3? can it be??

  • Bronius Motekaitis
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2008
      Wow, it's my birthday today and what a present:
      http://editplus.com/
      Version 3 appears to have been released just today! :D

      ..last I heard was 2.x beta..? what a treat

      -bronius

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2008
        Yes, it was released early this morning. Happy birthday!

        dZ.

        Bronius Motekaitis wrote:
        > Wow, it's my birthday today and what a present:
        > http://editplus.com/
        > Version 3 appears to have been released just today! :D
        >
        > ..last I heard was 2.x beta..? what a treat
        >
        > -bronius

      • Bronius Motekaitis
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2008
          Ha. Thanks all.. I guess I was kind of fishing here, so I am indeed happy
          to receive your cheer :)
          It's remarkable how complete strangers become remote acquaintances simply by
          virtue of aliases and names repeatedly appearing in subject-related forums.
          Should we setup an EP BirthdayAlarm? :)
          -bronius

          On Feb 11, 2008 12:37 PM, Aleem Juma <aleem.juma@...> wrote:

          > Happy birthday bronius!

          > > Wow, it's my birthday today and what a present:
          > > http://editplus.com/
          > > Version 3 appears to have been released just today! :D
          > >
          > > ..last I heard was 2.x beta..? what a treat
          > >
          > > -bronius

          > > http://www.editplus.com
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Justin Watt
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2008
            FYI, I was able to successfully install v3 under Wine on Ubuntu.

            see http://editplus.info/wiki/Running_on_Linux for more

            --justin

            On Feb 11, 2008 5:22 PM, Bronius Motekaitis
            <subscription@...> wrote:
            > Ha. Thanks all.. I guess I was kind of fishing here, so I am indeed happy
            > to receive your cheer :)
            > It's remarkable how complete strangers become remote acquaintances simply by
            > virtue of aliases and names repeatedly appearing in subject-related forums.
            > Should we setup an EP BirthdayAlarm? :)
            > -bronius
            >
            > On Feb 11, 2008 12:37 PM, Aleem Juma <aleem.juma@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Happy birthday bronius!

            > > > Wow, it's my birthday today and what a present:
            > > > http://editplus.com/
            > > > Version 3 appears to have been released just today! :D
            > > >
            > > > ..last I heard was 2.x beta..? what a treat
            > > >
            > > > -bronius

            > > > http://www.editplus.com
            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • John Smith
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
              one of the silent people here also merely wishing to say
              a very big thanks for the on-going development of this fine editor.
            • T Cosmas
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 12, 2008
                If you are as stumped as I was as to why the modifications to various
                acp files (e.g., htmlbar.acp) do not seem to take if you alter the acp
                in the EditPlus 3 folder, that is because EditPlus apparently uses the
                user's copy of the files under a hidden folder
                C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\EditPlus 3\

                So, you need to copy the modified versions from EditPlus 2 (I'll let
                you guess what hidden folder that is in :-]) over to this one.

                Then, EditPlus 3 will use them. Copying them into the EditPlus 3
                folder under C:\Program Files\ (or wherever you installed it) DOES NOT
                do the trick.

                Hopefully, this will be addresses in the next 'bug' fix.

                But I guess that each user on the machine may have their own modified
                version. Still, some instructions on how to get "your" copy in place
                before you wind up deleting them would have been very helpful.

                Thanks.