Editplus on Wine: Unable to Type Linux Style (forward slash) paths in File Open

  • Steven Boesch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2008
      Hi,
      I was happy to see Editplus come up on wine. When attempting to open
      files, I really do not want to click down one directory at a time. I
      want to either type the full path or paste the full path.

      Unfortunately, when I type in /home/myname/mydir in the "File Name"
      textbox, the following message is displayed:

      "Invalid Characters in Path"

      A filename cannot contain any of the following characters: / : < > |

      Obviously, that is a Windows-centric message.

      The funny thing is, when I mouse click to the folders, then Editplus
      does put in the directory /home/myname/mydir .. !

      So basically, the only problem is, there is an unnecessary check being
      done by EditPlus.

      I have seen a lot of people saying that EditPlus runs "perfectly" on
      Wine. Well, that's not perfectly-- I do NOT want to start mouse
      clicking all over the place.

      thanks,

      steveb
      Please also cc to oraclej2ee@...