Re: [edit+] replacing somethi

  • dz@caribe.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 1969
    • hrosen50
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 12, 2007
        Greetings,

        I can't seem to figure out or find the right escape character to
        replace something with either a line break or tab; ^t \t ^n \n have not
        worked.

        Thanks,
        Hal
      • Bronius Motekaitis
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 12, 2007
          It is indeed \t (backslash). But I used to have problems with that too for
          some reason: be sure you've got "regular expressions" checked and consider
          using the replace-with dropdown-suggested tab indicator..

          -bronius

          On Dec 12, 2007 7:22 AM, hrosen50 <hrosen50@...> wrote:

          > Greetings,
          >
          > I can't seem to figure out or find the right escape character to
          > replace something with either a line break or tab; ^t \t ^n \n have not
          > worked.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Hal

        • Hal Rosenthal
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 12, 2007
            Thanks. I am an idiot. I missed the regular expression box.

            Hal

            wrote:

            > It is indeed \t (backslash). But I used to have problems with that too
            > for
            > some reason: be sure you've got "regular expressions" checked and consider
            > using the replace-with dropdown-suggested tab indicator..
            >
            > -bronius
            >
            > On Dec 12, 2007 7:22 AM, hrosen50 <hrosen50@...<hrosen50%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Greetings,
            > >
            > > I can't seem to figure out or find the right escape character to
            > > replace something with either a line break or tab; ^t \t ^n \n have not
            > > worked.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Hal

          • Hal Rosenthal
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 12, 2007
              It was the regular expression box that I missed.

              Thanks,
              Hal