Lost the ability to open multiple files after latest patch. Normal? Oh, and...

  • toe_bot_c
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2007
      Did something change that I am not aware of? Is it in the options
      somewhere?

      Basically, I right click and choose EditPlus for several files and
      none of them will open. I choose one file and it opens just fine.

      Ugh...

      P.S. I sent two e-mails a while back during the hiatus, is it
      possible to retrieve those so I know what my problem was then? I
      honestly forgot about them, checked my e-mail like a week or so later
      and it said that I would need to resend my e-mails. Of course you can
      see the problem there...

      Thanks!
    • T Cosmas
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2007
        If I select several files (Ctrl & click), right-click and choose Edit
        (EditPlus is set as the Edit program for HTML files), all of them open
        in Edit Plus; but if I select the same files, right-click and choose
        OPen with..., only the file I right-click on opens in Edit Plus. I
        suspect this is a Windows "feature."

        Thanks.

        --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "toe_bot_c" <toe_bot_c@...> wrote:

        > Did something change that I am not aware of? Is it in the options
        > somewhere?
        >
        > Basically, I right click and choose EditPlus for several files and
        > none of them will open. I choose one file and it opens just fine.
        >
        > Ugh...
        > Thanks!
      • toe_bot_c
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
          I have a context menu item labeled "EditPlus," when I would
          right-click on several files and choose EditPlus it would open all the
          files that I had highlighted. After installing the latest patch I am
          no longer able to do that.

          It simply does nothing. It will not open EditPlus, it will not open
          any files. If I click on one file and choose "EditPlus" then it opens
          that file, but that is it.

          TOE

          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "T Cosmas" <t_cosmas@...> wrote:

          > If I select several files (Ctrl & click), right-click and choose Edit
          > (EditPlus is set as the Edit program for HTML files), all of them open
          > in Edit Plus; but if I select the same files, right-click and choose
          > OPen with..., only the file I right-click on opens in Edit Plus. I
          > suspect this is a Windows "feature."
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "toe_bot_c" <toe_bot_c@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Did something change that I am not aware of? Is it in the options
          > > somewhere?
          > >
          > > Basically, I right click and choose EditPlus for several files and
          > > none of them will open. I choose one file and it opens just fine.
          > >
          > > Ugh...
          > > Thanks!

        • Michael L. Jones
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
            Following up on what the others said, make sure that you have "Add
            EditPlus to right mouse button" checked in Preferences > General.

            --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "toe_bot_c" <toe_bot_c@...> wrote:

            > Did something change that I am not aware of? Is it in the options
            > somewhere?
            >
            > Basically, I right click and choose EditPlus for several files and
            > none of them will open. I choose one file and it opens just fine.
            >
            > Ugh...
            >
            > P.S. I sent two e-mails a while back during the hiatus, is it
            > possible to retrieve those so I know what my problem was then? I
            > honestly forgot about them, checked my e-mail like a week or so later
            > and it said that I would need to resend my e-mails. Of course you can
            > see the problem there...
            >
            > Thanks!

          • toe_bot_c
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
              Nope, that was definitely checked. But, after you brought this up
              something to try dawned on me.

              1. I tried unchecking it, applying, and seeing if it disappeared. It
              did, so I rechecked it, applied, and tried again. Nothing!

              2. So, I actually unchecked it, applied and THEN went and removed it
              from the master file in the registry. Then I went back in to EditPlus
              and rechecked it, and now all is well!

              It seems somehow my file types association got screwed up so instead
              of using "eppshell.dll" it was using EditPlus.exe.

              So, thanks for the tip!

              --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L. Jones" <mljones1947@...>