RE: [edit+] "Find in Files" returns me wrong line numbers [solved]

  • xof
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 9, 2007
      Hi,

      Thank you for your ideas. I finally found the answer: the line numbers in
      the search result are wrong because some of my files are no more in correct
      PC text format.

      I tried to delete line after line in one of the erroneous files and noted
      that only some special lines were counting for two in the search result
      window. At the end I got a very simple file with a single corrupted line.
      Selecting this line was producing a weird move of the cursor. I could
      reproduce the corruption with "Duplicate the line" but not with a
      copy-paste.

      With an hexadecimal editor, I saw that the mysterious double counting chars
      were something like "0D0A" i.e. Carriage Return / Line Feed chars...

      In Tools/Preferences./Files., I then discovered that the checkbox "Check
      invalid CR/CF, null character when loading" was not (anymore?) checked! I
      reloaded my file and got an alert: "The text contains invalid CR/CF. Do you
      want to convert?".

      That solved the problem and restored my confidence in Editplus.

      I wonder how a regular file can become corrupted like this.

      Regards

      Christophe

    • cyberfunkr
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 7, 2007
        Checking the EditPlus website, there is a semi-recent patch out that
        covers this.

        DATE: 2007-07-10
        BUILD: 514

        This is a patch file to fix the bugs of EditPlus v2.31

        .
        .
        .
        * 'Save wrapped lines with CR/LF' option could corrupt file.
        .
        .
        .

        Apply the patch and see if this fixes your file.

        /Cyberfunkr