Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

editplus for OSX

Expand Messages
  • ddanone2
    Hi, only one comment: I m a fan of editplus and now working on Macintosh, i can t find a versatile and light programmers editor like Editplus on Mac, maybe i m
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi, only one comment:

      I'm a fan of editplus and now working on Macintosh, i can't find a
      versatile and light programmers editor like Editplus on Mac, maybe i'm
      accustomed to much to Editplus.

      It would be great have the same Editplus on Mac.!!!
    • DZ-Jay
      ... I share your sentiment, as me and many others have also asked the same thing before. In my quest for a good text editor for OSX, I came across TextMate.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        On Apr 15, 2007, at 15:25, ddanone2 wrote:

        > I'm a fan of editplus and now working on Macintosh, i can't find a
        > versatile and light programmers editor like Editplus on Mac, maybe i'm
        > accustomed to much to Editplus.
        >
        > It would be great have the same Editplus on Mac.!!!

        I share your sentiment, as me and many others have also asked the same
        thing before. In my quest for a good text editor for OSX, I came
        across TextMate. It has most of the fetaures that EditPlus has, plenty
        others, but there's a caveat: it is a product of the Mac environment,
        just as much as EditPlus is of the Windows environment. By that I mean
        that, while EditPlus is a minimalistic, purely utilitarian tool,
        TextMate is a highly polished, intuitive, beautiful, and extremely
        integrated application with the Mac experience. This can be a blessing
        or a curse, depending on your point of view.

        In other words, I love EditPlus because it lets me do my job in the
        most efficient manner without getting too much in my way; and I love
        TextMate because, well, because I just enjoy using it.

        I gave up looking for "EditPlus for the Mac", because I realized that
        many of the things I did on EditPlus were bound by limitations imposed
        by the way of thinking while using Windows. Macs have a different
        philosophy, and even development on the Mac environment is very much a
        different paradigm

        So, I recommend TextMate, from http://www.macromates.com, but keep in
        mind that your mileage may vary.

        dZ.
        --
        DZ vs. The World:
        Hating anything, everything and everyone since 1996.
      • Abuzar Chaudhary
        Yeah, and while you re at it, I want an editplus for Linux too. I ve tried the other editors in Linux and can work with them when I have to, but I still prefer
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          Yeah, and while you're at it, I want an editplus for Linux too.

          I've tried the other editors in Linux and can work with them when I
          have to, but I still prefer to do my coding in editplus. It's one of
          the main reasons why I'm still using windows.

          --- DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

          >
          > On Apr 15, 2007, at 15:25, ddanone2 wrote:
          >
          > > I'm a fan of editplus and now working on Macintosh, i can't find a
          > > versatile and light programmers editor like Editplus on Mac, maybe
          > i'm
          > > accustomed to much to Editplus.
          > >
          > > It would be great have the same Editplus on Mac.!!!
          >
          > I share your sentiment, as me and many others have also asked the
          > same
          > thing before. In my quest for a good text editor for OSX, I came
          > across TextMate. It has most of the fetaures that EditPlus has,
          > plenty
          > others, but there's a caveat: it is a product of the Mac environment,
          >
          > just as much as EditPlus is of the Windows environment. By that I
          > mean
          > that, while EditPlus is a minimalistic, purely utilitarian tool,
          > TextMate is a highly polished, intuitive, beautiful, and extremely
          > integrated application with the Mac experience. This can be a
          > blessing
          > or a curse, depending on your point of view.
          >
          > In other words, I love EditPlus because it lets me do my job in the
          > most efficient manner without getting too much in my way; and I love
          > TextMate because, well, because I just enjoy using it.
          >
          > I gave up looking for "EditPlus for the Mac", because I realized that
          >
          > many of the things I did on EditPlus were bound by limitations
          > imposed
          > by the way of thinking while using Windows. Macs have a different
          > philosophy, and even development on the Mac environment is very much
          > a
          > different paradigm
          >
          > So, I recommend TextMate, from http://www.macromates.com, but keep in
          >
          > mind that your mileage may vary.
          >
          > dZ.
          > --
          > DZ vs. The World:
          > Hating anything, everything and everyone since 1996.
          >
          >


          __________________________________________________
          Do You Yahoo!?
          Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Andy Benz
          I know it s not a complete solution, but doesn t EditPlus run under WINE?To: editplus@yahoogroups.comFrom: abuzar@abuzar.comDate: Tue, 1 May 2007 11:54:45
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            I know it's not a complete solution, but doesn't EditPlus run under WINE?To: editplus@yahoogroups.comFrom: abuzar@...: Tue, 1 May 2007 11:54:45 -0700Subject: Re: [edit+] editplus for OSX and linux too!


















            Yeah, and while you're at it, I want an editplus for Linux too.

            I've tried the other editors in Linux and can work with them when I
            have to, but I still prefer to do my coding in editplus. It's one of
            the main reasons why I'm still using windows.

            --- DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

            >
            > On Apr 15, 2007, at 15:25, ddanone2 wrote:
            >
            > > I'm a fan of editplus and now working on Macintosh, i can't find a
            > > versatile and light programmers editor like Editplus on Mac, maybe
            > i'm
            > > accustomed to much to Editplus.
            > >
            > > It would be great have the same Editplus on Mac.!!!
            >
            > I share your sentiment, as me and many others have also asked the
            > same
            > thing before. In my quest for a good text editor for OSX, I came
            > across TextMate. It has most of the fetaures that EditPlus has,
            > plenty
            > others, but there's a caveat: it is a product of the Mac environment,
            >
            > just as much as EditPlus is of the Windows environment. By that I
            > mean
            > that, while EditPlus is a minimalistic, purely utilitarian tool,
            > TextMate is a highly polished, intuitive, beautiful, and extremely
            > integrated application with the Mac experience. This can be a
            > blessing
            > or a curse, depending on your point of view.
            >
            > In other words, I love EditPlus because it lets me do my job in the
            > most efficient manner without getting too much in my way; and I love
            > TextMate because, well, because I just enjoy using it.
            >
            > I gave up looking for "EditPlus for the Mac", because I realized that
            >
            > many of the things I did on EditPlus were bound by limitations
            > imposed
            > by the way of thinking while using Windows. Macs have a different
            > philosophy, and even development on the Mac environment is very much
            > a
            > different paradigm
            >
            > So, I recommend TextMate, from http://www.macromates.com, but keep in
            >
            > mind that your mileage may vary.
            >
            > dZ.
            > --
            > DZ vs. The World:
            > Hating anything, everything and everyone since 1996.
            >
            >

            __________________________________________________
            Do You Yahoo!?
            Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
            http://mail.yahoo.com
















            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.