Re: [edit+] Address Bar

  • ask@avenarius.sk
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 30, 2007
      On Friday, 30th March 2007 at 08:39:16 (GMT -0500), Bronius Motekaitis wrote:

      >>> You could try this.. (I just did this by accident amazing what you find
      >>> when you are not looking at it)

      >>> ctrl+shit+s, the file upload FTP box command box appears with the path
      >>> to the file selected, and highlighted.

      >> Not on my setup. It only shows the file name when I press CTRL+SHIFT+S.

      > For me, too, Justin's CTRL-SHIFT-S suggestion is a great way to reveal full
      > path and filename (and it's automatically selected), but it seems to work as
      > expected (full path) only on a local file, not on FTP.

      > ask- are you working with remote/ftp files or local? If local, maybe that
      > full path happens to run off a Windows/Explorer setting "show full path"
      > somewhere?

      That setting has no effect on it, unfortunately. Whether the option(s)
      to have "Full path displyed" are selected or not in Windows Explorer's
      Folder Options, EditPlus does not show me the full path after you press
      CTRL+SHIFT+S. I don't use EditPlus for FTP, so I'm talking about local files.

      --
      Yours,
      Alex.

      [processed by "The Bat!", Version 3.80.06
      EditPlus 2.30 (286) / WinXP 5.1 b2600 SP 2]
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 4, 2007
        Hello:
        I'm happy to announce that Sangil has added the feature I requested.
        I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know how it works, but the latest
        EditPlus beta build contains the following feature:

        * Supports 'Copy Name' button on the Window List.

        dZ.

        On Mar 30, 2007, at 04:50, DZ-Jay wrote:

        > On Mar 22, 2007, at 09:45, vsrcmurthy wrote:
        >
        >> Is there an address bar feature available in Editplus? I am looking
        >> for a easy way to copy and paste file location from editplus to
        >> windows explorer and vice versa. There is an option to turn on
        >> address bar feature in Windows explorer.
        >>
        >> I see the file and file location in blue bar but there is not a easy
        >> way to copy and paste.
        >>
        >> Thanks.
        >
        > I had proposed a similar to Sangil Kim once, and he couldn't understand
        > why it would be useful. What I requested was a way to offer in either
        > the file list in the Directory Window or in the Open Files Window an
        > option to "Copy to Clipboard". That way you could copy the entire path
        > of a file, or the entire file list. To me this would be useful because
        > sometimes I need to generate sorted file lists (to manually create
        > arrays and such). There are many other ways that I can do this with
        > external tools, but I thought it wouldn't be such a hard thing to
        > implement and certainly a non-invasive feature for those who don't care
        > for it.
        >
        > His response was that he couldn't see why this would be useful. Since
        > my requested feature would certainly solve your problem, I suggest you
        > submit a feature request to Sangil Kim.

        > FACTS:
        > 1. Ninjas are mammals.
        > 2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
        > 3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

      • tju329
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 4, 2007
          Good news!

          --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

          > Hello:
          > I'm happy to announce that Sangil has added the feature I
          requested.
          > I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know how it works, but the
          latest
          > EditPlus beta build contains the following feature:
          >
          > * Supports 'Copy Name' button on the Window List.
          >
          > dZ.
          >
          > On Mar 30, 2007, at 04:50, DZ-Jay wrote:
          >

          > > On Mar 22, 2007, at 09:45, vsrcmurthy wrote:
          > >
          > >> Is there an address bar feature available in Editplus? I am
          looking
          > >> for a easy way to copy and paste file location from editplus to
          > >> windows explorer and vice versa. There is an option to turn on
          > >> address bar feature in Windows explorer.
          > >>
          > >> I see the file and file location in blue bar but there is not a
          easy
          > >> way to copy and paste.
          > >>
          > >> Thanks.
          > >
          > > I had proposed a similar to Sangil Kim once, and he couldn't
          understand
          > > why it would be useful. What I requested was a way to offer in
          either
          > > the file list in the Directory Window or in the Open Files Window
          an
          > > option to "Copy to Clipboard". That way you could copy the
          entire path
          > > of a file, or the entire file list. To me this would be useful
          because
          > > sometimes I need to generate sorted file lists (to manually create
          > > arrays and such). There are many other ways that I can do this
          with
          > > external tools, but I thought it wouldn't be such a hard thing to
          > > implement and certainly a non-invasive feature for those who
          don't care
          > > for it.
          > >
          > > His response was that he couldn't see why this would be useful.
          Since
          > > my requested feature would certainly solve your problem, I
          suggest you
          > > submit a feature request to Sangil Kim.
          > >
          > > dZ.
          > >
          > > --
          > > FACTS:
          > > 1. Ninjas are mammals.
          > > 2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
          > > 3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.
          > >

          > > http://www.editplus.com
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Aleem Juma
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 4, 2007
            Just out of curiosity, not that I need to know this or anything, but
            if you have a drive mapped to a network resource, would be interesting
            to know whether the name copied will be the mapped reference or the
            full UNC path; likewise for ftp mappings...